Garmin portable system.

adamdarby87

Darbleberry
Jun 1, 2015
Hi all,

New to the forum and looking for some help.

I've recently brought a 2014 Ibiza which has one of those portable Garmin satnavs stuck on top of the dash.
My questions is... how do I update the maps? I've installed the Seat Garmin software onto my computer but the most recent maps I can install is from 2013/14.

Any help would be great....

D

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
You buy the new maps through that Garmin Fresh software and then they can be downloaded. Maybe your Garmin Fresh needs updating.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I think you need to connect the SPS ( dash top satnav) to your computer before Fresh will let you take any actions too.

Sorry for being vague but I stopped updating ours in 2017.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Connecting SPS to PC allows Fresh to check your current update status and offer relevant updates.
You can also subscribe ( at a cost) to an updateable speed camera database.
I paid for this only because my wife (her car) was collecting speed tickets at the time! I use free camera apps on my phone in my car instead.
There's also some free stuff to download on Fresh as far as I remember.

Dec 21, 2020
Hi all - hoping someone will be able to help. I'm trying to update my Seat Garmin device, but the website no longer lets you download the installation file. Would anyone be able to share this to my Dropbox account so I can install and update?

extremo7

Oct 17, 2017
Hi all - hoping someone will be able to help. I'm trying to update my Seat Garmin device, but the website no longer lets you download the installation file. Would anyone be able to share this to my Dropbox account so I can install and update?

Hello, if you manage to get the file please contact me i also need it. thanks! :)

Reactions: lloydcattell
AP Autostyling