Gearbox low on fluid..?

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Alright.

Ive developed a slight whine from my box only in 1st and 2nd so im thinking its prob getting low on fluid

I just need a couple of things confirmed because my search has had nothing 100% come up.

1: I need 2.8 liters of fluid.?

2: Think it was Redline MT-90 that it said was the best to use.?

3: Do i need any special tools or anything to complete the job or is it straight forward empty and refill.?

Anything else anyone can think of that would be helpfull aswell.

Cheers.

daves ibiza

ive noticed this mate in first on my new one :(. i thought it was gearbox on his way out as ive heard when it starts wyening they go not long after might be wrong i hope not . i have a disk in the house dude that tells you every think about seat had it off my mate he works in seat. all there data lol. ill look into it matge . keep me informed yeah ;)

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Yea no worries.

If it does go you no theres going to be a message with me having a rant on here anyway. :lol:

i know on skodas so id say its the same on seats that the filling up hole and drain hole are two different bungs which are a special tool,when i was in the trade i made the tool by getting a wheel wrench and chopping a 17mm wheel bolts thread off and welded the end where the thread would have been into the socket part of the wrench leaving you with a wrench that has a bolt sticking out.

then i was always told to fill the gearbox up at the filling hole untill it spilt out as the bung is on the side of the box.
hopefully all of what i said makes sence and is the same for the seat ibiza if not somone will correct me.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Ok mate cheers for that.

Ive read that its a hex key and also an allen key aswell :lol:

Just going to have to get under and have a look when i get the chance.

cupra collins

Mar 27, 2007
its definitely an allen key not sure what size but its big yes there is a drain hole on the bottom and a filling hole on the side and like cupra,al said you fill it up till it trickles out the filler hole both bungs are the allen key! easy job VW do a new gear box oil which will quieten things down abit worked a treat on mine? hope this helps

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise