Gearknob and Gaiter: suggestions

TWP

Feb 19, 2006
My gearknob and gaiter's starting to look a bit old recently (even though I haven't covered many miles).

The silver surround on top of the gearknob's starting to speckle and flake off.
The gaiter's also started coming away from the gearknob.

Anyone got an idea how much a new gearknob and gaiter is?

Also, is the Cupra one any different to the FR?

Any other suggestions (OEM please). Good opportunity for a little upgrade ;)

Pics would be great! :)

Thanks

Aimez

£50 for a gear knob and £40 quid for the crappy fr one which flakes on every car (mine too!)!
I can't believe youd pay that, I'd think spending about £35 on an aftermarket one would be better and also if you sell the car you can keep it and put it on another car.

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
Seat sport ones are dead nice, also the gaiter has probably just started to pull off from the surround, would be easy to fix.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Hi, is it possible to get the gaitor only for the cupra model?, i like the gear knob that i have already but would like the stitching on the gaitor itself to match the stitching on my seats.

Speak to David (SERE MOTORS) his section is in this forum

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=249

Get yourself a nice facelift FR gearknob, you could get a Cupra one, but it would look a bit naff as it's not a Cupra, I always think its best to keep the model badges as they should be (IMO), the FR ones are just as nice only difference is the Cupra one has a flag, the FR one says FR.

The gearknob and gaitor for my old Cupra cost about £35ish if I remember correctly, and is a lot better than a tacky aftermarket gearknob, just my opinion of course.

These were the ones from about 2007 onwards, so if you car is older than that, it will be a nice addition :)

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist
Speak to David (SERE MOTORS) his section is in this forum

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=249

Get yourself a nice facelift FR gearknob, you could get a Cupra one, but it would look a bit naff as it's not a Cupra, I always think its best to keep the model badges as they should be (IMO), the FR ones are just as nice only difference is the Cupra one has a flag, the FR one says FR.

The gearknob and gaitor for my old Cupra cost about £35ish if I remember correctly, and is a lot better than a tacky aftermarket gearknob, just my opinion of course.

These were the ones from about 2007 onwards, so if you car is older than that, it will be a nice addition :)

Piccies? :p

And maybe of the SEAT sport one, if anyone has any?

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members