Genuine Sports body kit

csx

Mar 13, 2017
Hi All - I've been wanting to ask this for a while but never found the time until now.
This thread has been bought on by the availability of the sports styling pack for the new Leon 17 face lift ( which they said they would never do ! )
After reading the thread on genuine 'K1' cupras that are out and about ( and a few fakes I think )
It made me ask the question - How many Mk3s are out there with the genuine sports kit on ?
It was many £££s to have it ordered from factory - and a lot of dealers just bolted on some bits.
So Im asking - How many people know of a genuine kit - or indeed own one ?
To be sure its genuine - its easy -Fitted from factory components are as follows :
Front bumper - sports design - no parking sensors ( not available in the UK for some reason)
Front splitter - different fog light grill design
No badges fitted to the front grill at all bar seat emblem in the centre
side skirts , extended rear tail spoiler , Rear sports bumper ( with/without parking sensors )
chrome left and right exit exhaust pipes through an under bumper splitter.
optional DCC available .From the externals - thats it .
I was always looking for a ' genuine ' through many dealers, but always found fakes like the 'K1'
where the dealer had fitted the side skirts - rear bumper , twin exit exhaust , rear spoiler - but they left the front bumper with/without parking sensors and the FR badge in place.
Hence these ' Fakes ' were modified by the dealer , and if you ask your insurance , there modifications , not build sheet items - ergo - not covered under insurance, unless declared.
Anyway - just wanted to ask forum members if they have seen such cars , and how many are genuine ?

attach pics later

Last edited:

csx

Mar 13, 2017
Yes, thats what I believe. If its just a standard front bumper, than the kit was painted and bolted on at the dealers.
In the past , I've been offered an alor blue one or a black one,both 184 frs.
To me they didn't look right without the front bumper,and when I spoke to my insurance, the quote went up nearly £200 because of the kit being added by the dealer !!

Seanm

Jan 21, 2014
Glasgow
I have a black 1 thats a 184 and i dont think it looks that bad without the front bumper just add the splitter and i think it will good if not better than the sports bumper and save £900 and have sensors aswell

ScruffyLad

Aug 12, 2017
North Yorkshire
I have been thinking about getting the genuine body kit. My only concern is I have a MY14 so will the new paint job on the bumpers etc. stand out since the rest of the cars paintwork has had 3 years of wear and tear? Has anyone done this that can give their experience? Cheers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.