getting cold feet after order

performance

Hello everyone.

as the tite suggest, I am getting cold feet after I already placed a down payment on a new Leon 2.0 TFSI

I used to own an Audi Quatro (A3) years ago, and now drive a Rover 75.
I was initially going to get the Mitsubishi Colt CZT, but while driving to the dealership, I stopped at a Seat dealership.
I was very pleasantly shocked at how good looking the Leon is.
I was also very pleased at the interior.

Although it is being heavily advertised in black, I ordered the red one, it just looked better to me.
Anyhow, for those of you that already own one, how is the quality of the car compared to other VAG models?

my main concern is If I should have waited for the FR...
Will there be a gigantic difference?
The dealer told me that for a not too big of a price, they can tune the engine to give out 225 bhp instead of 185, all under warantee.
anyhow, if anyone can give me any feedback, i would really appreciate it.
I am disapointed that the TFSI doesnt look different enough from the basic models, but I guess I could modify it down the road.
I wanted a 3 door model, but when i saw the Leon, I really didnt mind the extra doors, they are so well hidden, and I am sure they can come in handy for extra passangers and my dog :)

Thanks.

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
no! you will have a nice sleeper and a good car when the Fr comes out it will be sported up harder suspension etc etc and prob 225 bhp which you will have! i like the leon tfsi and it is like a grown up hot hatch!

plus you can mod the engine etc

good job at not making it to the CZT!!

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Don't get cold feet about the build quality. I drive Audi's as my part time job and have to say I think the Leon is just as, if not more solidly built than them.

performance

thanks for the replies!

it's just that I know the FR will come out in the summer, and I hope I dont regret getting the TFSI because I guess the price difference wont be that big, and it'll probably look better.
the horsepower I am not worried about, as this particular engine seems to be very easy to mod. In fact, the local magazines insist that the real output for this engine currently is 198 bhp and not 185 (on all tests) and that 0-100 KM/h have been clocked at 7.3 seconds and not 7.8 seconds.
Maybe it is different in other EU countries, but here (in Greece), all the tests show this.
also, apparently getting it to 225 bhp is pretty easy and straightforward.

But you know the feeling, when you get a new car, and a few months later for a little more a better one comes along... its a crappy feeling :-(

I think I'm just going to go ahead with the order. I already gave the downpayment, and delivery is set for within 10 days.

dchbrown

Feb 17, 2006
South Coast
go for it - ive got a TDi Sport waiting for delivery atm myself

regarding the CZT - my younger brother has one and its not a bad little pocket rocket but its a bit too mpv like for my liking

interior on both cars are good - but i prefer the Leon hence why ive ordered it!!

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
performance said:
Hello everyone.

as the tite suggest, I am getting cold feet after I already placed a down payment on a new Leon 2.0 TFSI

I am disapointed that the TFSI doesnt look different enough from the basic models, but I guess I could modify it down the road.

Thanks.

In the UK you can buy a body kit for the new Leon, personally I think the new kit makes the car look amazing. If your worried about it not being different enough get the kit from your dealer.

performance

is this body kit available from SEAT directly or is it 3rd party?
anyone know if there are photos of it online?

Thanks.

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
The body kit is from SEAT, its an official part you can order from your dealer. I did see some pics on here somewhere, but I cant find them now.

Skinfakse

Mar 3, 2006
Denmark
"In fact, the local magazines insist that the real output for this engine currently is 198 bhp and not 185 (on all tests) and that 0-100 KM/h have been clocked at 7.3 seconds and not 7.8 seconds. "

Anyone who knows anything or more about this??? - IMO it could be possible... but I haven´t found any reel evidence yet! :eek:)

performance

one of the many magazines that states this is a famous one. it is called auto motor und sports. it is a German magazine. We have the Greek version here.
apparently, for taxation reasons, they state the TFSI to be 185 hp, when in fact it is 198.
the engine is the same one that will be used in the FR and Cupra. it is just a matter of reconfiguring something and it outputs 225 or 240 apparently.

BTW, I just (5 minutes ago) walked in from the dealer were I concluded the sale. I am now waiting for delivery (less than 10 days they said). i also saw in black the kit version linked above.
It is really awesome, but it costs a little over 4000 Euros, kind of steep I think for a body kit.
anyhow, I am excited and awaiting to enter the world of SEAT!

performance

I didnt, but I drive by every day on the way to work. I'll get some tomorow and post them.