getting mirrors to fold in when u lock the car

Sep 30, 2019
I know I'm late to this party, but I just wanted to elaborate on something, and wondered if anyone else has noticed.

Yes, the mirrors are supposed to fold in when you hold the lock button. The manual states this. However, SOMETIMES, they will fold in WITHOUT holding the button. I'd like it to do this all the time, but havent figured out how this works. You'd assume the "fold in when parked" setting enables this, and say with this setting off, you'd have to hold the lock button to do it.

However, I always have this enabled, yet sometimes they fold with just 1 press, other times I have to hold it. I wonder if there are certain requirements to meet so your car 'thinks' its parked, and if these arent met you have to hold the lock button.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I know I'm late to this party, but I just wanted to elaborate on something, and wondered if anyone else has noticed.

Yes, the mirrors are supposed to fold in when you hold the lock button. The manual states this. However, SOMETIMES, they will fold in WITHOUT holding the button. I'd like it to do this all the time, but havent figured out how this works. You'd assume the "fold in when parked" setting enables this, and say with this setting off, you'd have to hold the lock button to do it.

However, I always have this enabled, yet sometimes they fold with just 1 press, other times I have to hold it. I wonder if there are certain requirements to meet so your car 'thinks' its parked, and if these arent met you have to hold the lock button.
I just have the option in settings enabled and it does it every time I lock the car doors after leaving the vehicle.

Reactions: Blaptastic
Sep 30, 2019
I just have the option in settings enabled and it does it every time I lock the car doors after leaving the vehicle.

What I'm getting at here is, did you have to hold your lock button on your key? Which is what you usually have to do, or do you only have to quickly press it? As sometimes, I dont have to hold the button for them to fold.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
What I'm getting at here is, did you have to hold your lock button on your key? Which is what you usually have to do, or do you only have to quickly press it? As sometimes, I dont have to hold the button for them to fold.
I have Kessy so I just touch the door handle but when I have used the key a quick press does the same, no need to hold the button. Before activating the feature in settings neither touching the door handle nor using a quick press on the key fob to lock caused the mirrors to retract. It consistently works regardless of how I switch off and leave the car etc.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Mine too - with single key press to lock coded from infotainment. I'll also disable over the winter just in case, our avenue has its own microclimate.

Reactions: Kirky
Sep 27, 2019
Having same issue with my Ibiza! I can't figure out how to fold/unfold .. nothing with holding key fob or the mirrors nob! They were folded once so I know I have that feature

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
My 2014 Mk 3 Leon had the long hold function, however i used the Carista App to code the car so it does it on a short key press. There was not an option to do this in the car settings themselves.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
The new Copper bagged CUPRA’s have the ability to fold the mirror in on one single normal click lock built into the infotainment system.

My CUPRA 300 has the option in the infotainment system but it only folds the mirror in when a long press of the lock button is made. I have coded via OBDEleven that my mirrors fold in on a single normal click and it works every time flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Yes set them to fold whenever you lock the car, then you can listen to the plastic gear teeth destroying themselves on a frosty morning when they are frozen solid
Do you know an easy solution to that one/ two months a year when it’s frozen enough?

hmmm any ideas?

Just take 2 mins to turn it off again until it’s not frosty again then simply set them back to one click fold wow problem solved!

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
The new Copper bagged CUPRA’s have the ability to fold the mirror in on one single normal click lock built into the infotainment system.

My CUPRA 300 has the option in the infotainment system but it only folds the mirror in when a long press of the lock button is made. I have coded via OBDEleven that my mirrors fold in on a single normal click and it works every time flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My silver badge 290 has one click fold also. I believe my car has been described as a FrankenCupra!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maypack
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise