Gloss or matt black wheels?

BaggyHTID

I love lamp!
Oct 2, 2007
Nuneaton
I've had VRS rims on my car for about a year now and the paint has started to bubble, been back to get them sorted and gettin them refurbed for free :)
I've decided to go for black as they were anthracite, but not sure whether to go gloss or matt?
Anyone got any pics of either or had theirs done?
Baggy

Gloss looks cheap IMO
Matt looks dirty IMO

Play it safe and go for a satin finish :D That's how the wheels on my mk3 were done and looked good to me!

878851464_dca879eb27_b.jpg

2938850605_57470f7834_o.jpg

dionbee93

R.I.P - Colin McRae
Feb 18, 2009
Llanllyfni, North Wales
hi there, i'd go for gloss, i just find that matt becomes glossy after a while anyway - especially the front faces of them that you wash and then the little corners are still matt. It just looks stupid after i while IMO.

Dion!

LoDa

Oct 12, 2008
Southampton
you got the picture up of your wheels they look awesome.
wonder how they would look on a black car.

You're right, the look great! I was thinking whether it would be worth doing to mine but i'm positive now!!

I'm going to powdercoat mine tho. Got my motorbike wheels powdercoated and never looked back

fudd

i had mine powder coated and they are very hard wearing and a nice finish , but the fronts did develop cracks which was a shame, still they have lasted far better than some painted ones i did

fudd

the powdercoat did work really well in the spokes and the inside of the rim , it just the part near where it bolts on that has the problem, but that was after a few years