Glovebox help needed!

heatfan8

Insert witty comment here
Dec 2, 2008
Berkshire
I have just fitted a shiny new ipod headunit into my SE TDi and have removed the (aftermarket) cd changer from the glovebox. It looks like this changer has replaced an original unit.

I now have a hole where the changer was. I know I can get a filler piece to convert the changer hole into useable glovebox, but was wandering if I can get a glovebox which is just one big compartment instead of wasting all that space with two sections?

I read on a different forum that the Audi A3 glovebox will fit, which I believe is one compartment, but is it available in black and the same 'texture' to the front of the door?

Thanks in advance!

Andy

mr_cool

Oct 5, 2008
Scotland
I believe it is quite a bit of hassle to change the glovebox for the audi one. If you want to do it I think you can swap the doors over so it matches.

Last edited:

heatfan8

Dec 2, 2008
Berkshire
How is it hassle?? Do you mean to get the old glovebox out? If so, the glovebox is sat on my bedroom floor now ;)

heatfan8

Dec 2, 2008
Berkshire
Hmmmmmmmmm.....think I will be going to the scrap yard before I start work at midday tomorrow!

Is it easy to change the doors over? I guess you have to change over that shelf over that sits under the glovebox? (The shelf that isnt big enough to fit two grains of mouse s*** on it!?)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.