GLoveBox Light INOP

Mackers

Part Man, Part Metal
May 17, 2007
Bangor. N.Wales
my glove obx light hasn't been working for the past few days, so i but a new bulb in, and no joy, can't find the fuse for it either, the boot lights ok tho (incase it's on the same curcuit) and i've checked the bulb and that works ok, but not in my glove box, any ideas???

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Hmm not sure?? My boot lights are not working if its any consolation . :)

.:edit:.
Just looked at the time you posted. Most people where in bed mate hence no replys :D

Tyler Owen

Yeah the fuse panel off and see if any fuses have blown

Also remove the same cover on the passenger side, you'll see the switch for the glove box light, basically the switch is very simple a bit plastic that's part of the glovebox lid slides in between 2 contacts and by doing so breaks the circuit turning the light off, when opened the plastic moves out from the contacts and the circuit is completed.

Just check that the contacts do actually touch properly

jiege01

Toledo TDI
Jan 11, 2006
Magherafelt, NI
yeah i presumed it was fuse 14, interior lights, but its fine and all the rest of the lights are working. switch is grand a well. theres no power coming from the connector that plugs into the switch so it has to be bofore it. is there any fuses on the relay panel that would be in that circuit?

jiege01

Toledo TDI
Jan 11, 2006
Magherafelt, NI
ive had the glovebox out to check for the fuse. i accidently shorted the contacts on the bulb holder so i know its the fuse, just cant find it[:@]

mad-for-tar

De-boosting
Oct 30, 2007
Essex...
For those of you who's glovebox light has stopped working, I have found the fuse! Hallelujah! Mine stopped working too during Christmas, just got myself ElsaWin for Seat. Its fuse no.1, and its marked heated washer jets, heated mirrors in the Ops manual. Mini fuse of 10amps (red)

Hope this sloves your problems!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members