Got my car working again....but worried

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
After my car just seemed to not start the other day after leaving the town centre (bad weather + think i parked over a massive puddle too) mite have possible flooded or wet me electrics.. JUST DECIDED TO START AGAIN TONITE :confused: AFTER REFUSING TO START ALL WEEKEND

ANYWAY....

after it started up theres a strange tapping noise(Never heard this on my car before) ....checked the oil cap ....seemed okay ) but oil was bit low anyway..... so put some more in as it was getting low.....then checked the cap again..and theres a bit of a milky lookin substance on it......anyway my exhaust wasnt smoking and went for a drive and was no signs of overheating...engine stayed fine.......JUST WORRIED MY HEAD GASKET AINT WENT?

ALL THOUGH IT HAS BEEN SAT FOR A FEW DAYS AND WEATHER HAS BEEN REALLY BAD....I DONT KNOW WHAT IT COULD BE.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
could just be condensation mixing with the oil cos its been stood a while. If it isnt loosing oil, water or over heating id say youve got nothing to worry about.

The tapping is also probably cos its been stood a while... If its still tapping when its warmed up then it could be something else, but if the tapping quietens or goes when warm then thats also nothing to worry about

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
yeah my friend checked it and he said it could of been condensation off it like....yeah the tapping noise went after i drove it for a bit...but it never used to do that before. I put some decent oil in like. duno if that will help.

cheers mate, was paniking lol

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
you got to remember that its now a lot colder so everything is a bit tighter in there, engines dont really like cold weather at the best of times, and if its been stood a few days then its not making it any better to start. It taps, as theres no oil at the top of the engine when you first start it ;)

valentin

if you had hgf there should also be some oil in your coolant.

DaveyQ

As said before, head gasket failure if.....

Overheating
Oil in water
Water mixing with oil in engine (Mayonnaise)

If you have none of these, don't worry

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.