Got my new car last night :-)

Nick G

Firstly just want to thank everyone that's given me advice and pointed out things to look for as this site has already proved really useful.

I picked up the car last night, March 08, Leon FR TDi, 16k Miles, one owner, Zenith Grey, 18" Wheels and all the toys.

Really pleased with it anyway, had a nice drive from Croydon to Newbury and averaged 43.7mpg from leaving his house so can't expect better then that!!! The fuel gauge has hardly moved which i am really not used to :cartman:

My Dad's got a 535D BMW (286bhp) and he struggled to reel me in the first time i booted it in 2nd off a roundabout so even he was pretty shocked....

Really pleased though, just looking forward to getting my cleaning stuff out and giving it a proper clean this weekend - will get some pics up :)

Thanks!

paulfs

Nov 10, 2009
New Forest, HANTS
had mine since Nov 09 - full range of driving, motorway, urban, country roads etc - over 40k already - average mpg between 40 - 42mpg :)
cracking motor - you won't be disappointed.

Nick G

Yeah it was a private sale :)

I'll be spending a few hours on it Saturday after watching the Qualifying at supid o'clock so i'm looking forward to that (sad aren't we)! Anyway, i'll get some pics done afterwards but then need to get it in to the bodyshop to get the wheels all refurbed and a few little marks tidied up etc while i've got the cash to spare.

TWO2TUF

Mar 2, 2009
West Midlands
Good on you bud best move you made on getting a TDi FR i assume it is the 170Bhp model then? get some pics up so we all can have a look and enjoy

Nick G

Your dad leave the handbrake on?

Funnily enough no, he didn't have it in sport mode but said he was genuinely surprised how little he gained on me (only up to about 80) - I think after that he'd have quickly disappeared but even so.... Remember how heavy that 5 series is! It's a beast of a car though, once moving it seriously shifts when you boot it.

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
Funnily enough no, he didn't have it in sport mode but said he was genuinely surprised how little he gained on me (only up to about 80) - I think after that he'd have quickly disappeared but even so.... Remember how heavy that 5 series is! It's a beast of a car though, once moving it seriously shifts when you boot it.

5 series really are barges compared to the 3 series. To put it into perspective, my mate had a 330D and did 45mpg average. Upgraded to 530D of the same year and similar miles and ended up 33mpg average :blink:

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
As said before mate cracking choice! I can believe you about the 5 series. My uncle( who is funnily enough a police officer) just got himself a 58 plate 335d m sport, we had a small go after he first showed me it. Cracking car but no way was it keeping up on pull away up to silly speeds it was still a few car lengths behind! I would expect the 5 series to be a good bit heavier as well! So at standard form you should leep up to an extent to about 80:)

Nick G

As said before mate cracking choice! I can believe you about the 5 series. My uncle( who is funnily enough a police officer) just got himself a 58 plate 335d m sport, we had a small go after he first showed me it. Cracking car but no way was it keeping up on pull away up to silly speeds it was still a few car lengths behind! I would expect the 5 series to be a good bit heavier as well! So at standard form you should leep up to an extent to about 80:)

Exactly, this wasn't started as a "oh my car's faster then XX" but i was just saying my Dad was pretty surprised how well the Leon goes for a little 2.0 TDI with just the ONE turbo hehe. I'm happy with it anyway, it's not as quick as the Megane i had but far more refined, comfortable (hopefully reliable) but also does over 40mpg - Bargain!