got some spare cash...what to do?

Boi Ninja

16 valves of sweet shhhhh
Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
i sold my 1.4 today ...yay, im thinking about spending some money on the cupra now, after the tax and mot's sorted (this week sometime), ima get to modding jus need some help deciding ....

1. Pressed euro font plain number plates. found them for £30? anyone know any cheaper ones?

2. cupra sport and GTi badges for the back + sides (i took off the stickers) can anyone tell me the codes for these i think the gti badge is red and the cupra sport ones are chrome £??

3. B&M Short Shifter £140ish - how easy are they to fit? any good??

4. back spacers £60 ...anyone recommend any? are 32mm centric ones too big?

5. my brakes squeek even when i dnt press the brakes n driving slow, is this normal? do i jus need to change them or is it not the brakes? was thinking of black diamond or mintex discs and pads? anyone recommend anything decent?

6. exhaust center section needs changing but back box is new ...should i get a stainless steel center section for £150 or not bother and just pay £60 to get a standard one fitted. i dont want anything loud like my powerflow i had on the 1.4s.

7. either a K&N or Pipercross panel filter? cant decide.

and these are mods i wanna do in the next few months
8. Coilovers £200
9. Strut braces £80 both
10. component speakers £40ish

sorry for the essay been saving threads for a while to put it up all at once.

thanks, kozy.

MarkJ

Ibiza GTi
Mar 26, 2007
Chesterfield
1. My pressed plates only cost me £18.99 off Ebay.

2.Think you can get GTi badges from the stealers, can't get the cupra sport badges anymore (unless you can get one 2nd hand).

4. Been looking for these myself, from reading about i think 15-20mm (30-40mm total) are the best size for evening up with the front, and hubcentric are the ones you want.

Mckellar

Yep got my pressed plates on Ebay for £20 delivered.

Quality is superb:
UK font, My spacing, UK euro stamped (more legal than D banding) and 100% reflective and passed an mot with them:

not the best pic but gives you an idea
Photo-0633.jpg

MarkJ

Ibiza GTi
Mar 26, 2007
Chesterfield
Mine are the same as davids or look like they are anyway, was going to go for the E band but a couple of people i know have had a bit of trouble from the law with that so bottled it and went for GB.

Mckellar

better to be safe than sorry (and £30 down cos of a fine eh)

Benji-boy

May 10, 2007
Leeds, UK
if you're looking for the spacers, its summin like 156 pieces for the rear ones only, i went to my local larkspeed and they reccomended me the eibach ones instead of the shitty universal crap that tends to shear, resulting in the loss of car. they do all sizes up to 120mm OD, which is abit far, i only wanted 30mm OD front and 60mm OD at the back and it came to £225....
i decided i best not bother this week.

Boi Ninja

Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
i had a D band for my 1.4 but got annoyed with the amount of people asking me how i imported it lol, looked good thou and only picked them up for 12euros hehe. gna check ebay now mate. i really wanna know about the B&M short shifter not a lot of people have them ...hmm.

and which brakes to get ...coz im stumped on that.

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Personally I'm not sure if the B&M shifter is worth 140 notes. Why not try a bit of ghetto style and just cut the shaft down by about 40mm. Thats what I did and I'm sure the throw is much shorter now.

As for the spacers, personally I got myself a set of spacers from ebay. They were 20mm (total = 40mm ) hubcentric ones and you just bolt the spacer to your hub, and use existing bolts to bolt wheel to the spacer. The spacers are of great quality and I don't get any wheel wobble, even at 100+ leptons. Only problem with them was the fact they didn't fit :lol: but a trip to the machining shop sorted that out any my spacers still didn't end up costing me over £40.

Boi Ninja

Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
Personally I'm not sure if the B&M shifter is worth 140 notes. Why not try a bit of ghetto style and just cut the shaft down by about 40mm. Thats what I did and I'm sure the throw is much shorter now.

As for the spacers, personally I got myself a set of spacers from ebay. They were 20mm (total = 40mm ) hubcentric ones and you just bolt the spacer to your hub, and use existing bolts to bolt wheel to the spacer. The spacers are of great quality and I don't get any wheel wobble, even at 100+ leptons. Only problem with them was the fact they didn't fit :lol: but a trip to the machining shop sorted that out any my spacers still didn't end up costing me over £40.

yeh i know i read your thread about the spacers mate hehe, good u sorted it now and your car stance looks real nice.

im just getting pissed off coz i seem to miss gears or do something stupid when im in a rush grrr. hmm its £130ish to buy but how much would it cost to change too?might just get coilovers instead, gonna get my mot done today and prob tax ...gna ask the mech what he can sort me out with too.

thanks,

...ibiza95, oh yeh brembo brakes are wayyyyy to expensive, dammn howd u get them for £90 lol, tbh i just dnt want my brakes to squeek i think the front and back disc set up is good enough with whatever pads i use ....just that my car sounds like a bus pulling up to the stop right now lol

koz

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members