Got to Tank a Cupra round Knockhill

AN06DRW

Now You SEAT Now You Dont
Sep 19, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Ex girlfriend bought me a race experience voucher for my xmas last year just got round to using it. Knockhill used to have Ibiza cupras but they've now got a fleet of 10 Mk2's was awsome those things have some mighty power pics aren't great but i'm driving the cupra in the 1st pic and in the single seater in the 2nd one

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

Last edited:

Leon

Jul 29, 2003
Scotland
Were you rev limited on it ? I did the experience in the Ibiza last August (23rd infact) and it was max 4k rpm.

But I sat my ARDS test this year for my racing licence at Knockhill in the Leon and got to use all the rev range ! think the most i got was 120mph, but i still felt so in control, it's a great car.

Deleted member 13581

I was wanting to do this. Look like good fun. Might ask Santa for it myself.

Closest i have been to a track is the karts.:lol:

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Ahhhh that looks fun! The only thing that I did at Knockhill was the 4x4 driving course back when they still used the Defenders. That was fun. Been meaning to try out the single seater experience for a while now.
Alex

AN06DRW

Sep 19, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Were you rev limited on it ? I did the experience in the Ibiza last August (23rd infact) and it was max 4k rpm.

But I sat my ARDS test this year for my racing licence at Knockhill in the Leon and got to use all the rev range ! think the most i got was 120mph, but i still felt so in control, it's a great car.

they did say to keep the revs down coz they were brand new cars just a month old but to be honest once u were in the cars u did get to use all the grunt until the instructor told u to keep them down haha

AN06DRW

Sep 19, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Ahhhh that looks fun! The only thing that I did at Knockhill was the 4x4 driving course back when they still used the Defenders. That was fun. Been meaning to try out the single seater experience for a while now.
Alex

i would recommend it mate such a buzz i'm wanting to do it again mite put some money aside over the next few months and treat myself to it again in the spring or try and get another xmas pressie like that

Leon

Jul 29, 2003
Scotland
A month old ?, I sat my ARDS in early May and they'd just arrived a couple of weeks before. (thats what they said). Maybe Knockhill get a good turnover of Leon's from SEAT.

I always wonder where they go after being used at Knockhill. I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole all the different drivers they've had.

AN06DRW

Sep 19, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
A month old ?, I sat my ARDS in early May and they'd just arrived a couple of weeks before. (thats what they said). Maybe Knockhill get a good turnover of Leon's from SEAT.

I always wonder where they go after being used at Knockhill. I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole all the different drivers they've had.

maybe the guy was confused haha he defo said a month old there was 10 cupras there tho so maybe they had got a few newer ones. definetley wouldnt but one that had a race treck as a previous owner but there probably fly and it will say its a Seat demo car haha

Leon

Jul 29, 2003
Scotland
I wouldn't want a car that had been driven really hard on the road. I suppose it's down to personal preference, same thing with former police cars, some say they are great, others say they are abused.

Indeed, the instructors know how to handle the cars...!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members