Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Keep it blue mate. 9" rota's and quattro.. this thing will get off the line!
Are you planning on any transmission work? Alex at backdraft was tempting me with a sequential dog box last week. He can adapt the sequential system they use on the Lamborghini race cars.
If only I have £6000 burning a hole in my pocket!

Not really planning any gearbox work yet (transmission ??? are you american !!!!)
Sequential systems are awesome but at 6 grand - nah i only spent £600 on the car :D

I might find the standard Audi TT ratios are too close ratio so i may slot in some different ratios in the box outta a TDI.
I don't want a 4000rpm power window and only use 2000 of it changing between gears but i'll see what its like when i get it running.

That sort of stuff will be done the following winter i'm guessing, just gonna concentrate on getting it on the road for now, and getting it to some shows in the summer so you guys can kick the tyres :)

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
:lol:!! I have been buying too much from the states recently, It must be rubbing off on me. Trannnyyy:blink::ban:

I was looking into tdi ratios for the 02j but it would be geared to 190+mph in 5th @8000rpm which is a little optimistic. And may have the opposite effect and drop out of the powerband.

Im not too sure what the ratio's are like on the 6sp but I have heard they are quite close.

munch8987

Wow....what an amazing build, can't believe this is even possible

There me thinking that fitting the 2ltr into my punto was a mission of a job....how very wrong

Definatly a bookmarked thread

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Wow....what an amazing build, can't believe this is even possible

There me thinking that fitting the 2ltr into my punto was a mission of a job....how very wrong

Definatly a bookmarked thread

Cheers mate, anything is possible if you have too much time/money/and insanity on your hands :D

Well that made amazing reading!
Good work!

Cheers Mate, glad your enjoying the "story" so far.

Anyhow have not managed to get anything done on the car today but i did take delivery of some shiney bits, and i know everyone likes looking at pics of shiney bits :D

Here are some shots of my ClutchMasters FX400 6 Puck Sprung Hub clutch & Flywheel, also came with a new slave cylinder but i never took a piccy of it -

DSC00924.jpg

Steel Flywheel -
DSC00923.jpg

Clutch -
DSC00922.jpg

Also my Black Forrest Industries Engine Mounts came in the same box -

DSC00926.jpg

DSC00925.jpg

And a little ebay purchase, some LCR vents to replace the one i smashed with the rollcage -

DSC00927.jpg

I've also ordered some FK Silverline Coilovers for an Audi s3 but they have not arrived yet :cry: ordered them on Monday to :confused:

I was hoping to get the engine in soon but i am just waiting on some new flywheel - crank bolts and various screws i am ordering from the dealer.

I'm gonna try and get the engine bay cleaned up tomorrow, so its ready to take the engine.

Right off to the pub !!

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Where you order engine mounts from I been having hard time trying to get some, looking very good. :)

Try CTS turbo mate, you can't order them online just drop clay an email and he will give you the paypal address :D

That clutch is gunna have a hard life! Looking good bud.

Yeh its not gonna be easy on it - already feel sorry for it :) hope it stands upto the abuse ok.

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Went out today and picked up a FR back bumper from a lad offof Vagcars, Its in really good nick. I also got a facelift rear spoiler and a Radiator set with fans & AC condensor.
Not too bad for £120, just clipped it on to get it in the garage -

DSC00928.jpg

Still got to order some side clips and brackets for the bumper to fit properley.

Also picked up a LCR front bumper i bought on ebay, it's damaged on the side but i will be cutting it anyway for the front wing extensions.

DSC00929.jpg

Shot of the damage -

DSC00930.jpg

So bodywork wise i just need side skirts now then get it all fitting nice before painting.
I have to final fit the Supercopa wings and trim them a bit more to get them perfect.

Gonna try and get the engine bay cleaned up next weekend and then drop the engine / gearbox in :)

So long for now.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Not sure on the colour match... Normally SEAT bumpers are a bit off, but they look like they'll definitely need paint

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
Coming on nicely mate , never really been a great fan of lcr front bumper mixed with lc facelift rear , I always like lcr full bumpers or facelift full bumpers but lets hope I can see the light when it's on your car

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Awesome update once more!

Good progress mate. Really enjoying reading this thread :)

All the best with the next moves...

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Coming on nicely mate , never really been a great fan of lcr front bumper mixed with lc facelift rear , I always like lcr full bumpers or facelift full bumpers but lets hope I can see the light when it's on your car

Cheers fella, yeh i know what you mean about it looking a bit missmatched - i'm gonna wait to see what it looks like fitted properly and with the sideskirts on - might look odd, if it does i will hunt down a LCR one.

Awesome update once more!

Good progress mate. Really enjoying reading this thread :)

All the best with the next moves...

Glad your enjoying it mate :cheers: it's gonna start looking like a car again soon when i start bolting on bumpers etc.

Bumpers don't need cutting that far but I'm sure who ever fits it will make good :)

Cheers for the info Dan, i used your piccys as a ruff guide, i will need to patch a bit at the bottom but i will plastic weld a bit in, oh and i will be fitting it !!!!

Not sure if you heard but EFR has moved there production ETC to March 2012. Just thought I would update you on that status.

Thanks for the heads up, Borg Warner must be doing a cracking job of p*ssing everyone off in the tuning world...... i think its time to start looking for alternative turbo's [:@] [:@][:@]

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Wow, just read the whole thread from start to finish, what can i say,well done Graham i am looking forward to seeing the finished car, and all the pic's of your new shiny bits. :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.