Greetings from Sheffield Newbie

damo :-)

Oct 30, 2012
Sheffield
Hi
Just bought a 54 plate Seat Toledo PD150 Sport, so thought I would join this site to find out lots more about it.
Had a few VAG cars before, but never a Seat, with my main ownership being Skoda's, and I may know some of you if your on/been on Briskoda.

This Seat becomes my 52nd car (I do like a change now and again :rolleyes:)

My previous VAG cars include

Black 02 1.4 Lupo Sport (100BHP)
Raven Blue 52 1.6 Lupo GTi
Green 97 Polo 1.6
Black 03 Polo 1.2
Black 00 Golf 1.8T
Blue 00 Bora 2.0
Silver 00 Octavia vRS Mk1
Race Blue 06 Octavia vRS Mk2 TFSi
Red 55 Octavia 2.0 TDi Sport
Red 53 Fabia vRS
Black 04 Octavia vRS Mk1
Race Blue 06 Octavia vRS Mk2 TFSi (another blue one)

My last car was the Bora, which had the awful 2.0 115bhp petrol engine, and I just couldn't live with it, the economy was awful (less than the Golf 1.8T I had!) and it just had no go in it whatsoever (although it looked nice after Id slammed it on coilies and added Anthracite RS8 18" Alloys)

Hopefully this Toledo will be a keeper, as it ticks all the boxes for my circumstances...
Big enough for the family (3 kids)
Economical (42mpg on my short commute to work and mid 50's+ on a run)
Fast (150bhp pre remap ;))
Comfy (all the toys including powerfold mirrors and climate etc.)
Understated looks (Handsome but not overtly so)
Scope for modding

Anyway, thats my introduction and hopefully catch you guys at a meet or just to chat to on here

Cheers

Damo

Last edited:

Oct 30, 2012
Sheffield
Wow, that's a lot of VAG cars and a lot of cars full stop. And there's me on my 3rd ever!

lol, lets hope I've finally found one that i want to keep!

So, your now on your 3rd car, be proud of that...Take it from me fella, just be happy with the car you've got, as swapping and changing (especially modding them) leads to financial heartache.
You never get your money back!

I wish I had got this car a while back, as I probably wouldn't have thought about swapping for a few years at least...maybe :D

Anyway

Thanks for the reply, you don't always get them in the newbie section

Cheers

Damo

Oct 30, 2012
Sheffield
Nice Toledo pal and long list there! Goddamn! Might see u round the city of steel.

Ay up mate

Thought I recognised the name off Briskoda

Too right you might see me around, actually, I think I saw you this morning, about 7.10am near Barrow house bridge (The one that always floods) just down from J34 near Meadowhall/Wincobank.

It was a white Exeo with black alloys anyway (not sure if they're standard or not)

Looked a beauty...and if it was you... DONT SELL IT!!! :D

Cheers

Damo

DeanzVrs

Oct 26, 2012
South Yorkshire
Ay up mate

Thought I recognised the name off Briskoda

Too right you might see me around, actually, I think I saw you this morning, about 7.10am near Barrow house bridge (The one that always floods) just down from J34 near Meadowhall/Wincobank.

It was a white Exeo with black alloys anyway (not sure if they're standard or not)

Looked a beauty...and if it was you... DONT SELL IT!!! :D

Cheers

Damo

Haha yeah that was me pal, finished the nightshift, was in auto pilot all the way home

Funny you should say "DON'T SELL IT" cos that's what everyone is telling me. And I do think I will regret it, hmmmm I just don't know! Lol

Oct 30, 2012
Sheffield
It certainly looked stunning when I saw it anyway

If you dont need to, or are not 100% sure then deffo keep it

Cheers

Damo

Tricksc

It's Tricky
Dec 29, 2011
Sheffield
welcome to forum mate i'm chapeltown in sheffield so your not far from me mate. i'll keep a look out for you when i'm around ecclesfield, i drive a 2011 plate white mk5 ibiza sc.

Oct 30, 2012
Sheffield
welcome to forum mate i'm chapeltown in sheffield so your not far from me mate. i'll keep a look out for you when i'm around ecclesfield, i drive a 2011 plate white mk5 ibiza sc.

Thanks for the welcome mate, appreciate it.
Will keep an eye out for any white ibiza's I see around.
Cheers
Damo