Greyish plastic on FR

Millbo

Sep 24, 2009
Northern Ireland
hey guys, just been to see a guy about painting all my greyish un-sightly plastic bits on the outside of my FR (rear diffuser, bonnet trim) to a gloss black and also paint the front bumper to look like a cupra one. have already bought the gloss black B & C pillars and the black grille and mirror caps all which will be fitted by seat on friday along with the BTCC spoiler! does anyone fancy sharing any pics of this done please? i will post up pics of mine on sunday after all the work has been done and after its been given a descent wash :D

Next on the agenda is get the roof and top of spoiler vinyled gloss black, get my HID's fitted (currently sitting in the cupboard) and wait on eibach sending me out my sportline springs! (2week waiting) by that time the car should be looking pretty good on the outside then have to concentrate on gettin some more power :p

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I want to see what having the Rear Valance done in Gloss Black will look like as ive thought about it aswell

ive just had a look at your pics , Our cars are like sisters , Except mines got the Black Grill . Everything else is same

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
get them sprayed or vinyl'd. I had mine sprayed to gloss black, but i'd recommend vinyl for durability.
Went passed a gritter lorry the other day and my front grill a wing mirrors will need repainting AGAIN?!?@
Just can't get the paint to stay on - is vinyl very mouldable then?

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
Went passed a gritter lorry the other day and my front grill a wing mirrors will need repainting AGAIN?!?@
Just can't get the paint to stay on - is vinyl very mouldable then?

I was the same with my grill i got resprayed. Don't know if theres any way around it!

froilburner

FR Oil Burner
Apr 9, 2006
I'd buy the genuine mirror covers and grill. I have the black cupra ones on my FR and have no issues. I then sold my orignal ones on EBAY! Phone David at SERE he did me a good deal for mirror covers, grill and arm rest at the time.

Millbo

Sep 24, 2009
Northern Ireland
I want to see what having the Rear Valance done in Gloss Black will look like as ive thought about it aswell

ive just had a look at your pics , Our cars are like sisters , Except mines got the Black Grill . Everything else is same

i will post up some pics on sunday for you to see mate, hopefully should look good!!

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
The bonnet trim can be vinyl'd easily. The wing mirror covers, just buy the colour of your choice. As for the wing mirror mounts, i got mine sprayed. But, i'm not sure how well a vinyl on that part will look as it is very shapely. Rear valence and the front grill under the number plate are part's i'd strong recommend getting vinyl instead of spray.

F8 CMR

Sep 6, 2009
South Shields
i have the gloss black b and c pillars, grill and wing mirrors fitted to my car also got the front bumper sprayed like the cupra, im off in the mornign so will take some photos of it and post them. :)

F8 CMR

Sep 6, 2009
South Shields
its a little wet and slightly dirty but here you go...
DSC01867.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01869.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01870.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01874.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01876.jpg
[/IMG]

Millbo

Sep 24, 2009
Northern Ireland
Nice ur cars looking well!

The bonnet trim can be vinyl'd easily. The wing mirror covers, just buy the colour of your choice. As for the wing mirror mounts, i got mine sprayed. But, i'm not sure how well a vinyl on that part will look as it is very shapely. Rear valence and the front grill under the number plate are part's i'd strong recommend getting vinyl instead of spray.

why you think vinyl would be better?

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
it's more resistent to stone chips. Especially the front bumper. if u et if sprayed u'll end up with the original paint underneath being visible after a while from the chips. Mine's like that, so i'll be looking to get it vinyl'd at some point.

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
Ive got a roll of black vinyl, ive done my front bumper bits to match the Cupra style, and also done my badges. Was going to do the rear difuser, but id rather do this part while it is off of the car.

Any ideas how it comes off? Is it simply clips?

DSC03770.jpg

DSC03772.jpg

Last edited:

Millbo

Sep 24, 2009
Northern Ireland
not sure, the guy thats painting mine will be taking it off i will see how he does it n let you know on sunday if you havent figured it out by then! was it easy to vinyl the badges is it a good job? did u vinyl the grille at the front? i jus bought the cupra one! Cupra front bumper looks much better than FR

Millbo

Sep 24, 2009
Northern Ireland
the rear diffuser is bolted on and is also clipped on mate!

jus got my car back from it being painted and the difference is immense!! looks 100 times better with rear diffuser, bonnet lip and front bumper (cupra style) painted gloss black! i am so happy with the results i would reccomend it to anyone to get done. will post up pics 2moro as im goin out to get drunk now lol :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.