Grrrr my clutch cable snapped.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
It could be the pedal box or a snapped clutch pedal as both those made my pedal stick to the floor although when the pedal box went the white clip had come off too

I had a pedal box go on my first cupra and a clutch pedal snap on this one

You need to make sure that whoever fixes it does a double weld to make sure its strong as a dodgy weld is normally why they go

Prev

Dont do that....
Feb 3, 2004
C.I Guernsey
www.cicarscene.com
Well got the car back last Thursday after they told me that they had fixed the peddle. Was driving past said garage last night and it happened again. so my Ibiza is back up there. Does this never end??

Last edited:

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Prev said:
Well got the car back last Thursday after they told me that they had fixed the peddle which they had driving past said garage last night and it happened again so my Ibiza is back up there. Does this never end??

Thats not good! Did they do a double weld on the new one?

Prev

Dont do that....
Feb 3, 2004
C.I Guernsey
www.cicarscene.com
I daubt it very much the garage in question is the islands only Seat dealership but they have a reputaion on being complete shite. I gave them a chance as the people complaining were mainly volvo drivers. Im going up there at lunch to give them the key and tell them what I want done and I want it done for free.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Prev said:
I daubt it very much the garage in question is the islands only Seat dealership but they have a reputaion on being complete shite. I gave them a chance as the people complaining were mainly volvo drivers. Im going up there at lunch to give them the key and tell them what I want done and I want it done for free.

Yeah it needs to be double welded really to make it stronger as that seems to be the 'Weak' spot

Prev

Dont do that....
Feb 3, 2004
C.I Guernsey
www.cicarscene.com
ok cool well thanks for the pointers. Its not like I go round riding the clutch and doing burn outs. I hardly ever take the car much above 2k revs and keep the changes to a smooth action. Non of this grinding the gears "chav style".

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Prev said:
ok cool well thanks for the pointers. Its not like I go round riding the clutch and doing burn outs. I hardly ever take the car much above 2k revs and keep the changes to a smooth action. Non of this grinding the gears "chav style".

Yeah i dont either but mine still snapped last year! Its just one of the 'Weak' spots with the car and if its not welded strong enough it will wear over time, you know?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.