GTi Seats

vngtx

im sure if you take it to a furniture or fabric factory they could take the fabric/ leather off and put it into the stitching machine and you could have anything you want. cant see it being that expensive.

Jun 14, 2009
I'm not getting my monies yet until 26th so i will have to hold back until then till i get some new seats and door cards. But just out of interest, do the mk3 cards fit on without any modification, i tried searching but it only briefly covered this subjet?

vngtx

they need the door rods modifiying but apart from that they fit straight on.

Jun 14, 2009
Oh you mean that thin long piece of cheap rod that connects door handle to door lock lol? I thought of that when i saw a mk3 door card and door handle is in different place? In which case how can i modify the door rods?

vngtx

Oh you mean that thin long piece of cheap rod that connects door handle to door lock lol? I thought of that when i saw a mk3 door card and door handle is in different place? In which case how can i modify the door rods?

need longer ones i think. theres a couple of members on here that have done it, do a search for mk2 door cards.

Jun 14, 2009
Hmm i think i might give it a miss anyway, since if your sticking mk3 interior in there you might as well get the full lot including dash so it looks consistant lol.

vngtx

im going to carpet my dash at weekend to get the rally car look and cos when ive cleaned it the sun bounces off it and blinds me.

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
The mk3 door cards do fit but they dont match up with the dash when the doors are shut.

I saw Toby's copper Mk2 at a show on Monday, he has Mk3 doorcards with a Mk2 dash and it looks alright. Once the doors are closed you don't really notice.

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
im going to carpet my dash at weekend to get the rally car look and cos when ive cleaned it the sun bounces off it and blinds me.

i worry about you vince sometimes and whats your mum going to say when there is a dash shaped hole in the shag pile carpet??? lol

vngtx

i worry about you vince sometimes and whats your mum going to say when there is a dash shaped hole in the shag pile carpet??? lol

ill cover it with a coffee table.... :idea: im not doing it till next weekend now. if at all.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise