had boc 2 days already needs new DSG!!

May 6, 2011
stoke on trent
Good job mate ... glad you got sorted. For once Seat have done the right thing and credit to them. Pleased all is sorted for you. Know ... happy motoring

im pretty pleased with how seat have dealt with it really, i thought it was going be a big battle to get them sort it out for me, but i still cant believe how easy to deal with they have been :) and it will be happy motoring from next wednesday/thursday :) just got suffer 5 days without no car but im sure ill manage what is beer for :p

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
This is the standrd that all dealers should have across the network. I always say, look after your customer and you will retain their custom.

rji

Dec 18, 2010
Congratulations glad you got it sorted. It's the best result you could have hoped for.

What is happening with the finance agreement. Are you still in the cooling off period so it can be cancelled and a new one drawn up or is the finance company going to transfer your existing agreement to the new car (if they're allowed to do that)?

May 6, 2011
stoke on trent
i dont believe what is happening now :( the manager at seat uk has rang me today and told me the dsg gearbox on my boc has got nothing wrong with it ? the problem was the "mechatronics unit" so what they have said he is going ring me monday and tell me how my car is with this new mechatronics unit installed, and if it fixes my car ill be having that boc back and not a new one? because they have said theres nothing physically wrong with my boc, so i just want no from anybody on this forum, what is the mechatronics unit and what will it do to effect my car ? i dont want a duff car back, they must of done a few more tests onit today :/ just my luck aint it really new it was too good to be true

May 6, 2011
stoke on trent
but surely from them saying they will give you a new boc they should honour it and give you a new one
Did they say it on paper or just in words?

just in words i never got no paper work :/ they have told me i cant get a new boc if the one i bought is fine ? do you know what the mechatronics unit is what they are telling me is the problem ?

just as i thought it was getting sorted aswell :( gutted

knightrider1986

May 26, 2011
seat have just rang me again to inform me of what they are doing to my car atm, they have put a brand new mechatronics unit in, and nothing worked still broken, so now they are trying another repair tomorrow and they are hoping this will fix it, if not its going to be a new DSG box and its on back order 3 weeks waiting list :( i just hope the repair fixes my car

i knew you had said before they had already replaced it and it was still screwed. did you not tell them that?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
i dont believe what is happening now :( the manager at seat uk has rang me today and told me the dsg gearbox on my boc has got nothing wrong with it ? the problem was the "mechatronics unit" so what they have said he is going ring me monday and tell me how my car is with this new mechatronics unit installed, and if it fixes my car ill be having that boc back and not a new one? because they have said theres nothing physically wrong with my boc, so i just want no from anybody on this forum, what is the mechatronics unit and what will it do to effect my car ? i dont want a duff car back, they must of done a few more tests onit today :/ just my luck aint it really new it was too good to be true

I think its time for that solicitors letter to be sent.

This smells of delaying tactics to get you passed the cooling off period and make the car unrejectable.

May 6, 2011
stoke on trent
i knew you had said before they had already replaced it and it was still screwed. did you not tell them that?

yes i have mate, they told me its a fault with the hydrolics of the mechatronics unit, (i havent the slightest clue what this is by the way) and they can now fix it :/ just going have to wait and see what my car turns out like monday when they get it fixed, i just want my boc back now working properly not having a car really sucks!

knightrider1986

May 26, 2011
not meaning to have a go at you but what is the difference between the one they tried before and the one they are going to put on??? surely if it was ****ed with the last one they tried its still gunna be ****ed with the one they are gunna put on??? are the people who run dealerships really that thick as pig ****?

May 6, 2011
stoke on trent
not meaning to have a go at you but what is the difference between the one they tried before and the one they are going to put on??? surely if it was ****ed with the last one they tried its still gunna be ****ed with the one they are gunna put on??? are the people who run dealerships really that thick as pig ****?

not a clue mate your guess is as good as mine :/ just wanting my car back now :( getting fed up

knightrider1986

May 26, 2011
go back to them with the solicitors letter saying you dont want that car anymore and then sign up for another "new" one. yer fair enough it means waiting a little longer but meh theres a chance its not gunna be a shitter. and break down after less than 48 hours! or what about an fabia vrs?

EDIT: not supprised your fed up! i'd be rather annoyed to say the least by now too!

knightrider1986

May 26, 2011
i thought it was just gunna be that daft sensor in the sump plug there! haha.that mechatronics thing looks rediculously expensive like.

i think they are just taking the mick so it goes over the giving them it back period like deano says.

rji

Dec 18, 2010
spoke to a solicitor earlier on and they have told me to take action now!
Take advice again, tell your solicitor:
There was an agreement (oral contract?) to replace the car.
The repair they are suggesting has already been attempted and it failed.
The dealer needs to be given a deadline to resolve the complaint.
Get advice on the timescales that govern what actions you can take.

There is a difference between you "rejecting" the car and the dealer or SEAT "replacing" the car. And different criteria and timescales apply.

On Monday you will have owned the car for 9 days and the timescale will be critical for some actions. Get professional advice from a solicitor or trading standards on what options are available to you. Don't take advice from the dealer on what you can and can't do.

If your only option is to let them repair the gearbox you need to find that out for certain now!