Haldex Increased traction tweak, anyone using ?

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Any ST AWD owners running the Haldex increased traction tweak ?

What are your thoughts on it ??

The tweak is located in The adaptations for Haldex AWD controller and the following options are available under “Accousric Measure, Wiring logic”
-Standard (default)
-Increased Traction
-Reduced Noises

Ive been running Increased traction for a couple of weeks now and really like it.
There is a definite shift in bias towards the rear axle when accelerating now, which can be felt more under heavy acceleration.
Standard and the car still feels FWD bias most of the time inc heavy acceleration and cornering, this tweak makes it feel much more neutral under those situations.

Can’t say I’ve noticed any noticeable/ measurable drop in Mpg under normal driving conditions.

Is the only downside the potential quicker wearing out of the Haldex system as it’s being used more often ??
Can’t say I’ve noticed any increased noise at all from anything.

Wonder what all your thoughts are on it !!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
So not quite short version:

Went from my 280 FWD DSG with Michelin Pilot Super Sports to my Carbon Ed (300 4drive DSG), with Craptinentals. Car was good don't get me wrong, but felt very boat like heading into corners (ie Understeer).

Swapped to Michelin PS4S as thought the tyres were the main culprit, and that probably got me 80-90% there, but it still wasn't quite as good.

I then tried the above and it genuinely made it feel better in the corners. But my fuel economy tanked even further (300 miles per tank in the 280 vs 250 miles per tank in the Carbon, then dropped to 240-230). It could of been because I was having more fun in my car.

Anyway I fitted a front strut brace and at the same time disabled the above, and it still felt better. I've never bothered re-enabling it as didn't want my fuel economy to tank again.

Now I've done even more upgrades and happy with the handling so don't feel turning that on is needed vs the fuel economy and the increased wear it may cause (purely speculative on my part).

Reactions: Slickric21

Fer16v

Feb 2, 2020
Spain
Last week i changed XDS settings to weak mode due to that booooring and haaaaard electronic braking on medium G's corners. Car lost that "anchor" feel, to be honest, but is definitely faster on corner's edge. Then, i read this new Haldex option and i suppose is an obd eleven setting...?

Have some of you tried both, guys? I friend of mine is selling a "Haldex controller" device that allows you to change settings even while running. But it doesn't takes enough sense to me.

Want to read your answers. Regards!

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Yeah it’s OBDeleven tweak, located where I described in first post.
I believe Carista has the option as well under ‘other’.

I’m finding it makes the car feel much more RWD oriented and really like it. Can’t say noticed any negatives yet, apart from possible increased wear on components.

Fer16v

Feb 2, 2020
Spain
Yeah it’s OBDeleven tweak, located where I described in first post.
I believe Carista has the option as well under ‘other’.

I’m finding it makes the car feel much more RWD oriented and really like it. Can’t say noticed any negatives yet, apart from possible increased wear on components.
Oem Haldex settings are 90-10, until maximum torque variation where it could be 50-50. What figures offers that mod? Does it lock in 50-50 under any conditions?

Regards.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
I’ll be honest I don’t actually know any more about it than what I’ve written in this thread, that’s why is asked others for their thoughts on it.

If you have OBDeleven or Carista it’s easy to toggle on and off and test it

Fer16v

Feb 2, 2020
Spain
I’ll be honest I don’t actually know any more about it than what I’ve written in this thread, that’s why is asked others for their thoughts on it.

If you have OBDeleven or Carista it’s easy to toggle on and off and test it
To be fair, is the first time i heard about it. Im looking for info, will try it asap and come back with my experience.

Regards!!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.