Handbrake surround removal

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Hi guys, can anybody tell me/show me how to remove the plastic around the handbrake to get to the sensor cable?

btw i mean the plastic around the handbrake not the plastic on the handbrake itself to avoid any confusion :)

cheers guys
________
Bond insurance forums

Last edited:

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
Hi guys, can anybody tell me/show me how to remove the plastic around the handbrake to get to the sensor cable?

btw i mean the plastic around the handbrake not the plastic on the handbrake itself to avoid any confusion :)

cheers guys

it involved abit of prising around with a flat head screw driver for me, i cant exactly remember when abouts it was, i would be able to have a look and tell you mate but my car isnt at home lol :(

ultrasound

you call pull out the middle bit as its just clipped in, If you put your finger under the plastic starting under the hand brake when the brake is applied you can get your leverage.. but its a bit scary cos it almost breaks if you do it that way, I would maybe take the full centre section off.

if you push forward the part around the gear lever that will come off easily, then take all the screws out (hex bolts) and you can take out the entire mid section..There's another screw underneath the rear drinks holder and the front part is stuck on under your dash with velcro..

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
you call pull out the middle bit as its just clipped in, If you put your finger under the plastic starting under the hand brake when the brake is applied you can get your leverage.. but its a bit scary cos it almost breaks if you do it that way, I would maybe take the full centre section off.

if you push forward the part around the gear lever that will come off easily, then take all the screws out (hex bolts) and you can take out the entire mid section..There's another screw underneath the rear drinks holder and the front part is stuck on under your dash with velcro..

cheers mate, just what i needed :)

cant believe i'm doing this just to play videos on my car stereo lol

ultrasound

no worries mate, i take it you are wiring up the earth for the screen? i just wired mine to the chassis so it will work even with the handbrake off..

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
no worries mate, i take it you are wiring up the earth for the screen? i just wired mine to the chassis so it will work even with the handbrake off..

how did you do that if you dont mind me asking? i heard you need a special type of switch to do it on most models to get around the handbrake

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
how did you do that if you dont mind me asking? i heard you need a special type of switch to do it on most models to get around the handbrake

just wire the handbrake wire to any earth, job done. you can splice it into the radio wiring or just earth it on any metal

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.