handbrake symbol

Ricardo_Smooth

Powered by Apples!
Jun 26, 2007
sheffield
when i first got the ibiza the handbrake light used to light up rarely (big 'P' at the bottom as its a 2000 model) i tried moving the steering wheel about as i was told it may be a loose connection behind there and that doesn't do anything! can anyone tell me where i need to look to find the problem and any fixes/parts that may be needed?

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Sounds more like a sticky switch to me should be somewhere near the handbrake and a light spray with wd40 might solve it. But i dunno if its possible to see it on the ibiza or if it isnt how easy it is to get too.

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
When i got my cupra it also had the same problem. The garage replaced the display module for the handbrake symbol.. all fine now.. seems to be a common issue, but as it was done under the 1 year dealer warranty i'm afraid I can't be much more specific with part numbers or even how the hell you take the dash apart that hardcore!

ock

mine used to do this and the airbag light stayed on aswel, turned out to be the ring behind the steering wheel, replaced that and it comes on now

Ricardo_Smooth