Handbrake warning light and beep - now fixed

Andy71

I couldn't get my handbrake light to turn off yesterday and it was accompanied by a very loud, very annoying beeping when I tried to drive off. The noise went off after 5 mins, but came back on when I drove off again after stopping at some traffic lights.

Following advice elsewhere in this forum, I checked the brake fluid level and the switch under the handbrake but they both looked OK.

I took it into the dealer yesterday and they spent several hours without finding the problem. After a few more hours today they tracked it down to a broken wire going to the handbrake switch. Replaced and working again now :)

RCS2K4

Aug 28, 2007
Milton Keynes
www.xrct.co.uk
It's always the smallest of things that cause a fault these days. Had a similar issue in the Smart Roadster I used to own. You would go to apply the brakes and - NOTHING - happens. Turned out to be a faulty sensor on the brake pedal. It was scary to think that the brake pedal wasn't physically connected to the braking system...

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
OMG I can't beleive they took that long to fix that fault, I had the exact same fault with mine and I fixed it myself with a new crimp connector

took me about 15 mins from start to finish :shrug:

I always have a go at silly faults myself as I hate the crappy loan cars that they give you :(

AshBoy

Apr 14, 2015
OMG I can't beleive they took that long to fix that fault, I had the exact same fault with mine and I fixed it myself with a new crimp connector

took me about 15 mins from start to finish :shrug:

I always have a go at silly faults myself as I hate the crappy loan cars that they give you :(
how did u do this job mate? wheres this wire located my lcr is doing same thing but it goes away for like 2 mins then beeping its nut off

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.