Has anyone chage the led/lights in speedo? or can you?

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
Hi guys and girls

i was wondering as the question states can and has anyone changes the leds in the speedo and/or the dash controls/buttons?

its something ive wanted to do as i love the neon blue golf speedo.

many thans in advance

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
yes it deffo can be done if you have the time and Patience, you need to be handy with a soldering iron and good at taking apart the dash,instrument cluster,window/mirror switchgear and that. they do it a lot on the mk5 astra's and the LED's are very cheep from maplins.

personally I like the idea but I just don't have the time to do things like this any more :(

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
anything is possible with time and patience but i dont think you will find many people who have bothered!

all though i do agree i love the golfs blue cluster

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
if i find out how to take the dash off do you recon i could do it in one day??

and is there a guide on here or anywhere to remove the dash and needed sections?

i recon id be ok on the soldering front......but do youthink it will void my electrical warranty for that area?

many thanks

its good to get the right advice as i dont want it to hit me in the ass after ive done it lol

cheers

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Seat UK will find any reason to void the warranty so if something electrical went wrong they wud just say its because uve messed with the electrics.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members