Has anyone had a Delivery date yet ???

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
@jcbmally was kind enough to give me a sound check on his VZ Edition at work the other day and it sounds goooooooddddd.

Im just hoping for a bit of sound like in my Cupra 300 DSG. I enjoy the DSG farts on upshift and pops and bangs on deceleration. If the Formentor delivers that I will be very happy.

@Ricknffc You WILL notice a big difference in power between the 1.2 and 2.0 engines. Prepare to be thrown back into your soft nappa leather bucket seats when you hit the noisy pedal hard. The first time that happened with my wife in my Cupra 300 she swore loudly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha I've got a 9 year old and a 1 year old so I think I will have to have comfort mode on for the majority of the time when they are in the car. I'm a school teacher though so gives me a bit of cred in cupra mode with a bit of exhaust popping through the car park with the students when I arrive at work ha.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Can you hear the pops and bangs from inside the car on sport/ cupra mode or do you have to turn the piped in cabin noise down to hear it?

Can you also hear any turbo whistle?

And when you start the car does it pick up where it left off in the driving mode you were last in?
I drove the car in a test drive. You can hear the pops and bangs inside, but they are not loud. Sound proofing is a step up from Mk3 Leon so that doesn't help (but it's a good thing overall). I don't think fake sound fakes the bangs at all. For me, sound was completely unimpressive so I understand why they fake the sound (I wish you could turn it off and keep pops and bangs).

I can't confirm this but I think it stays in the mode you finished in. But, if the car is cold, it will not open up all 4 exhausts until the car warms up. Couple of guys on the forum mentioned you can "reset" this by changing the modes once the car starts (from Cupra to Comfort and back to Cupra) but I am guessing that the valves remain closed until warm for a reason.

Maybe one of the lucky ones who's car has been delivered can confirm this.

Reactions: jcbmally

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Haha I've got a 9 year old and a 1 year old so I think I will have to have comfort mode on for the majority of the time when they are in the car. I'm a school teacher though so gives me a bit of cred in cupra mode with a bit of exhaust popping through the car park with the students when I arrive at work ha.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to the sense of occassion, it will only be my second car, the Leon was just about getting on the road and enjoying the freedom of getting from A to B, but this is a totally different all game. Haha I've got a 9 year old and a 1 year old so I think I will have to have comfort mode on for the majority of the time when they are in the car. I'm a school teacher though so gives me a bit of cred in cupra mode with a bit of exhaust popping through the car park with the students when I arrive at work ha.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021

You're going from 1.2 TSI to 2.0 TSI with 310 HP? Damn :), you'll be impressed. Formentor will do 0-60 twice as fast as your previous car.

The best thing with a car that has power is how effortless everything is for the car. You want to jump ahead of someone, just press the gas pedal and car runs away. You will probably notice this the most in mid range and highway driving where your previous car was limited in power. I currently drive a Leon Mk3 with 184 HP (TDI) and it was a similar jump from my previous car. Everything felt extremely easy to do and impresses me to this day. Especially when I don't drive it for a while.

Can't wait to have the next jump with the Formentor. Looking forward to seeing how I enjoy DSG as well.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
You're going from 1.2 TSI to 2.0 TSI with 310 HP? Damn :), you'll be impressed. Formentor will do 0-60 twice as fast as your previous car.

The best thing with a car that has power is how effortless everything is for the car. You want to jump ahead of someone, just press the gas pedal and car runs away. You will probably notice this the most in mid range and highway driving where your previous car was limited in power. I currently drive a Leon Mk3 with 184 HP (TDI) and it was a similar jump from my previous car. Everything felt extremely easy to do and impresses me to this day. Especially when I don't drive it for a while.

Can't wait to have the next jump with the Formentor. Looking forward to seeing how I enjoy DSG as well.

Ha yeah mate. Guess it's nearly triple the power output give or take 20 hp. And first time owning auto with paddles which I've always wanted. Sounds like the DSG gearbox is brilliant as well. I'm going to have such a smile on my face the first time I get in it and get a bit of open road, can't wait to launch it either. I think Cupra have got a fantastic blend of everything in the Formentor and can not wait to pick it up at some point next week, going to have a grin from ear to ear.

Reactions: Peyton

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
My previous daily was Audi A8 and before that S8. I got fed up with the size of the car and narrow car parks, it was nightmare in some places. Formentor seems to have rights spec and is shorter and narrower.

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
Dealer confirmed today, that he can't register car with private plate on PCH and I will get standard one. He received guidelines from VWFS. So they want me to pay 2 x £50 to change plate, rather than allow to register car on private plate from new. Not happy about it. I know, 1st world problem.

Got standard reg number, so I can get insurance for collection.
Which dealer was that? I've been told no problems getting mine on PCH with my private plate

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
My previous daily was Audi A8 and before that S8. I got fed up with the size of the car and narrow car parks, it was nightmare in some places. Formentor seems to have rights spec and is shorter and narrower.

Fair enough pal. What are your thoughts on the quality then as you are coming down from the higher range of the VW group? You concerned about maybe a drop in the premium feel?

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Fair enough pal. What are your thoughts on the quality then as you are coming down from the higher range of the VW group? You concerned about maybe a drop in the premium feel?
I hope it won't rattle inside. So far, I haven't seen anyone complaining about it.

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
I hope it won't rattle inside. So far, I haven't seen anyone complaining about it.
I 'downgraded' from an Audi and I'm not disappointed. The build quality is as high, if not higher than the Audi, the cabin is more comfortable and the spec is higher too, I doubt you'll notice, other than the logo!

Reactions: jcbmally

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I 'downgraded' from an Audi and I'm not disappointed. The build quality is as high, if not higher than the Audi, the cabin is more comfortable and the spec is higher too, I doubt you'll notice, other than the logo!
Bigger change will be going from a boat of a car like A8 to hatchback size.

Dovla_ktm

Jan 22, 2021
Update, last weeks my delivery status fell few times... From week 19 to 13 to 10.
And today dealer contacted me with happy news! Car arrived to our country and will be delivered to me next week. Super excited!

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Update, last weeks my delivery status fell few times... From week 19 to 13 to 10.
And today dealer contacted me with happy news! Car arrived to our country and will be delivered to me next week. Super excited!
Damn. We were in the same boat. Calling my dealer now.

Reactions: Dovla_ktm
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise