Has anyone had a Delivery date yet ???

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Mines booked in for Ceramic Coating on Thursday so looking to give it as much protection as possible. The Back should pop them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Mines booked in for Ceramic Coating on Thursday so looking to give it as much protection as possible. The Back should pop them
emoji2.png
emoji2.png

I'm thinking of doing PPF on the front of the car, probably just the bumper. Formentor has a pretty big bumper and after PPFing it should help with stone chips.

Ceramic coating may come as well.

Second day of having my formentor not done much driving today at all but when I've been in it it really is starting to hit home how solid it feels to drive. The long bonnet is a masterpiece and the sculptured lines make you feel like you are sitting behind the wheel of a car much bigger than its actual size. Again it might be me coming from a Leon to the Formentor but it feels big, not in a negative way at all , it feels so hunkered down, meaty and solid, with a real presence, t's fantastic.

I really like the long bonnet. It's very different to cars I've driven before and looks great.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
If you don't mind how much is the ceramic coating or PPF that you guys are doing ?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
My cars getting extensive detailing inside and out and ceramic coated including wheels and Calipers for £400.

Happy to pay that as I’ve seen the results from others cars and on Black it will look great.

Ive heard that PPF for a full car can be a lot more expensive but offers more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peyton

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
400 is really cheap. What company is that from?. I had gtechniq done few years back on one of the cars and it was 1k.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
If you don't mind how much is the ceramic coating or PPF that you guys are doing ?

I'm not in UK so prices are not really comparable. To be honest, I haven't really asked for a quote yet but I am expecting ceramic to be in 400-500 euro range from what I could see online.

PPF I have no idea, I did see that full car PPF is over 1000 euros. more like 1500. This is why I am thinking of doing only the front bumper. Formentor with a high and vertical front bumper will probably get most of the hits on the bumper. Bonnet might be mostly protected because it sits so high. I don't know price for the bumper but if I had to guess, I'd say maybe 400 euro.

It's not cheap but then again, if you repaint your bumper or any other piece, you are probably looking at 500 euro or more per piece. I'm buying this car for my enjoyment so I'm willing to spend extra on detailing to enjoy it more.

PaulC

Feb 18, 2021
Confirmed delivery date of 16 March for my black VZ2. Still not seen one on the road yet. Anyone on here in Gloucestershire or south west?

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Confirmed delivery date of 16 March for my black VZ2. Still not seen one on the road yet. Anyone on here in Gloucestershire or south west?
Very good mate. The wait is well worth it. I'm north west and have only seen 1 other on the road bar mine. Pictures don't do the Formentor justice ( and it looks great on pictures anyway!)

Reactions: jcbmally

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Very good mate. The wait is well worth it. I'm north west and have only seen 1 other on the road bar mine. Pictures don't do the Formentor justice ( and it looks great on pictures anyway!)
I'm Swindon and got mine 30th Dec. To date haven't seen any other Formentors on the road, just a couple on the forecourt. The wait is definitely worth it and no pictures do the car justice at all, then there's the performance which can only be appreciated 'in the flesh'! Not just acceleration, but stopping performance too, I have the VZ Edition and the Brembo brakes are awesome, just check the mirror before you test them out and then 'brace'!

Reactions: jcbmally

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Just had a lovely moment fellas on the way back from work going past a cupra ateca the other way on straight bit of b road I waved as I went past and he put on his hazards so I reciprocated. Getting that ' welcome to the tribe' feeling.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Just had a lovely moment fellas on the way back from work going past a cupra ateca the other way on straight bit of b road I waved as I went past and he put on his hazards so I reciprocated. Getting that ' welcome to the tribe' feeling.
The same thing used to happen when I had an Impreza Turbo many years ago 👍

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.