Hatchback double/height adjustable boot floor question

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
For those with the height adjustable boot floor. Should there be a cover/carpet over the wheel & floor as well as the height adjustable cover?
Mine only has the adjustable bit.
Don’t think so. You can see in this Carwow video there’s no separate cover over the spare wheel or floor (2min 55sec in the video). The adjustable cover can be moved into the lower position when you want a deeper boot, so it then acts as a cover for the spare wheel and boot floor.

The VW adjustable adjustable boot floor system is exactly the same; no separate cover over the spare wheel / boot floor.

Last edited:
Reactions: nc30rider

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Was it standard on pre-facelift models and dropped when the mk3 was face lifted as a cost cutting measure? Or was it not standard on any model, but only available as an aftermarket accessory from the Seat dealer?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
This sounds a bit strange to me as my wife has a 2015 Polo with that arrangement, though at that time, that feature was listed as being able to provide covered, so maybe more secure - ie out of sight storage for some items under the raised floor, ie on a floor below the raised floor - in fact a serious amount of useful bits and bobs gets stored under there leaving the main boot area (raised floor) clear/empty ready to accept whatever needs to placed in there on a daily basis.
It seems that VW Group must have saved a bit by leaving the lower floor out and hopefully changing the sales blurb on the functionality of this raised floor - it must have been a "brilliant thought" moment for an employee, maybe even one that won them an award mug?

Reactions: Tivver500

azBones

Jul 16, 2019
West Yorkshire
So, my car (MY19 Cupra) has the carpet over the spare wheel well but no 'false floor'. Should the false floor come as standard? My previous car (MY16 Golf GTD) had the false floor and carpet over the spare wheel well.

JackB

Jan 18, 2020
So, my car (MY19 Cupra) has the carpet over the spare wheel well but no 'false floor'. Should the false floor come as standard? My previous car (MY16 Golf GTD) had the false floor and carpet over the spare wheel well.
No I don't think it's standard on the Cupra. Mine doesn't have one either.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
I have a late 2018 ST and it doesn’t have a cover/carpet below the adjustable floor.

I thought it was odd as my old insignia ST had one but the new version doesn’t so seems cost saving by various brands.

Been looking at something to pop in there to give a smarter finish...was considering the hard rubberised boot protector SEAT sell (or similar) just to provide something to protect the metal floor.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Good idea...I’ll give them a ring see if one is available and how much

Scrap yard might be cheaper. Most written off cars didn't not reverse into something! The boot will be a difference shape, so I don't think it would be a perfect fit, but the spare well etc will be exactly the same. Bit of trimming maybe, should be close enough.

Reactions: GeoffGeoff
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.