Have SD Card but maps not working

Sep 9, 2023
Hi All, first post here and wondering if anyone can help. Son just bought a 2015 Leon tdi. He has the SD Card that came with it in Slot 1, but hes not getting any maps... Can I just take a backup from his friends Leon and copy onto his SD Card?

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Couple of questions :

1. Does your son's Leon have a GENUINE Seat SD card? If not, then it won't work
2. What head unit has your son's car got? There was a changeover period, not sure whether it was 2015/2016 where the original MIB1 units were superceded with the newer MIB2 units. Look at the cards - the MIB1 units use a card with an AT marker, the newer MIB2 units use a card with an AS marker, and the AS/AT cards are NOT interchangeable. Looking at 2015 Leons for sale, they do seem to have the MIB1 units fitted

BUT:- from experience, when I got my older Leon (2014/64 plate), with MIB1, it did not come with a card. I bought a genuine AT card from the dealer (yes it did cost me a fortune), but it worked straight away without any activation needed at all. So hopefully a copy will work....remember it needs to be on a GENUINE Seat SD card.

Easiest way to check before doing any copying is to simply put the card from your friend's Leon into your son's. If it works, happy days.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
I put the mib1 / mib2 test here on the resource

You look for the 6P on the serial number. The map card also tells you on the label. Probably a mib1 standard. 6p mib2 standard.

Maps for mib1 aren't available now and no hacks to upgrade. Many people upgraded to mib2 who had mib1 at the time. Should be mib2 map updates to 2025. East Yorkshire Retrofit board sponsor sell update kits.

Mib2 is tethered to the overall.nds file of the release that was first put in the car. Moving that ooverall.nds file between release enables the update. Otherwise called the workaround. Only Seat had this function.

No valid card you might have to Google the head serial number to work out. As said you need a valid Vag card. Some hack the firmware to workaround that. More trouble than worth. EBay is the source for Vag map cards. Doesn't even need to be Seat brand. Reads the CID on it. Done like so Vag get income off the maps, after that use the downloads and the workaround.

Sep 9, 2023
Hi All. So trying the link above. The Seat Navigation AS says 6PO.919.866 on it... so Im assuming thats MIB2? Trying to load the maps up and pulled off the Overall file from it.

Will see how it goes.

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Hi All. So trying the link above. The Seat Navigation AS says 6PO.919.866 on it... so Im assuming thats MIB2? Trying to load the maps up and pulled off the Overall file from it.

Will see how it goes.
Can you please post a picture of the head unit - AS rings alarm bells. If its an MIB1 unit, which a 2015 model should have, the AS card is the reason it won't see the maps as the MIB1 needs an AT card

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member

Will see how it goes.
May be somebody put a mib2 standard card in it. The overall.nds trick needs to be applied if it's really a mib2 standard unit. See the resource and the link I've given to the overall.nds file that gets you out if trouble, you might have the wrong one on it.

Where I say lost cards etc on that links.

It's that attachment

That's the Seat year 1 release which fixes all missing overall.nds files.

If however it is a mib1 standard then it won't work. Leyland above may be right that it's a mib1 standard. Googling the unit will reveal I'm sure. We normally start off with a working system that needs upgrading not one that isn't.

That technique is the Seat one that gave you the 6P

How do I know which unit I have ?

Press the “NAV” Button >

Confirm the “Setup” >

“Version information” selection on the display.

Check the first text line in "Version information".

If the first three digits are 6P0 it's a mib2 standard (serial number is also on the card)

5F with a mapping card in the slot it's mib1 standard

If not it's a mib1 or 2 "Navi System Plus" (no card in the slot)

If it passed that as 6P it's a mib2 standard so just putting the v1 overall.nds file on it will fix it. That's what I'd do.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members