Have you ever wondered why..........

Cupra_joeboy

May 16, 2007
Derbyshire
Seat never made the Leon a 3 door coupe? it has a coupe shape almost and would make it that extra bit sporty.

i understand if people wanted a 3 door version they might as well buy the Ibiza, but i love the looks of the Leon but feel it would look that extra bit cleaner/smarter if it came in a 3 door as well.

does anyone know the reasoning for this? :think:

andycupra

status subject to change
id say cost and fact that it needs to fit into the VAG group of products.

added to this, that at inception the popularity of the leon was unknown to any accuracy. its proved popular, but by the time this was established and a coupe could be considerd it would be developing the MK2.

it will be interesting to see if there ends up being a 3 door in the MK2.
i think this would come down to whether they are 'allowed to' the impact on the golf gti, R32 and audis may prevent this.

but im hopeful.

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
I like them all being 5 door.

Means that you get the practicality of 5 doors without thinking "damn the 3 door version looks better, wish I had that!!" and unlike the Golf and A3, the Leon actually looks nice with 5 doors.

Nov 28, 2006

Means that you get the practicality of 5 doors without thinking "damn the 3 door version looks better, wish I had that!!" and unlike the Golf and A3, the Leon actually looks nice with 5 doors.

Hit the nail on the head there Badger. One of my main reasons for getting an LCR, along with the performance of course.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton

I agree with that entirely. Given the choice, I've always gone for a 3 door car for the looks, but the Leon looks good as a 5 door and since there is no option of a 3 door, it's 5 doors or nothing!

But now I've got the Leon, I love having 5 doors! As does the Mrs... as she no longer has to get out of the car to let other passengers in ;)

Mar 5, 2007
I told someone I knew I'd just got a LCR.

You know what he said...?
(That's a rhetorical question as I'm going to tell you anyway)

"Great car, but just one problem...It's only got 3 doors"

So I chinned him to the ground and spat on his face.

He likes 5 doors now...

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
The drivers side seat didn't tilt forward then eh Rob? :p

Unless you had a CTR in which case my sarcastic comment falls flat on its face.

I had a Celica... so your comment once again falls flat on it's face :lol:

Actually, it tilts forward a little, but it doesn't slide forward at the same time, so it's still nearly impossible to get in and out of and you have to reset your driving position afterwards.

Matt85

Feb 6, 2007
Bucks
5 doors ftw! Not that i really use my back doors often, but its nice to know that you can! :D

Dont see them making a 3 door mk2 cos they have done the "hidden door handle" thing to make it look like a 3 door already.

Cupra_joeboy

May 16, 2007
Derbyshire
all good points, i think your right in saying the leon has become quite a popular car and because u dont have a choice about 3/5 option there are no leons left behind, as we all know 3 drs sell far better,

the design itself is great as i said it looks like a 3 dr coupe, just with added practibility, and i didnt think of the impact a 3 dr leon would have on the other VAG market. if it was bought out in 3dr sales would piss on audi and VW 3 dr models.

VAG politics strikes agian Lol!

and tbh the leon is prob the only hatch/coupe on the market i have ever wanted to buy.

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
It a long car so it suites 5 doors. I have never liked 5 doors and still prefer 3. But i have always loved the Leon and its not a Leon without 5 doors.

jiege01

Toledo TDI
Jan 11, 2006
Magherafelt, NI
photochop of a 3 door leon. i think they look good in 5 door though.
leon.jpg

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Seat never made the Leon a 3 door coupe? it has a coupe shape almost and would make it that extra bit sporty.

i understand if people wanted a 3 door version they might as well buy the Ibiza, but i love the looks of the Leon but feel it would look that extra bit cleaner/smarter if it came in a 3 door as well.

does anyone know the reasoning for this? :think:

nope :blink:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members