Head Gasket gone LCR?

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
Just found a a small amount of mayo gunk in my oil cap [:@] it wasnt there 2 days ago because i checked. It started to overheat on saturday at the car wash and the fans didnt kick in so i turn on heaters which cooled it down from 105C to 90C, i thought this was a fan problem but i think its the head gasket gone, also a pipe keeps splitting the one from the charge pipe to n75 ive been driving around with it split (not realizing) would this cause a overheat or gasket failure . Not Happy.

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
as it used any water and maybe its the thomstat thats gone. i wouldent think that pipe would cause it to over heat. i think that pipe got some thing to do with the boost but not 100% on that 1

Deleted member 20376

that aint good mate, id get it checked out asap.

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
not noticed any water gone. Just been reading some other threads and it may be condesation in the oil cap because of the cold weather and very short journeys i do, (Hope so). the pipe i think tells ecu how much boost the turbo is acually producing so it cant be that.
Ill just have to take a long drive to see if the mayo gunk dissapears, if it dont then ill get it pressure tested asap.

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
come to think of it me friend come to see me the other day and hers was the same it had being stood for a week.and she also just nips about never a long run so her uncle give it a oil change and it was rite as rain

Deleted member 20376

seems a bit strange that the temp would go very high though.

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
I use the car every day only doing 5 miles (sometimes more to get petrol). never normally do long journeys always use the missus "economical car" lol. Serviced it myself about 2000miles ago, oil looking a little dark now but not too bad. just replaced all coil packs recently too so car should be healthy, It runs Well.
Also got white smoke from my exhaust which is a sign of head gasket failure too, but its not that thick.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
You will get a bit of white smoke from the exhaust, condensation especially on your short trips.

Sounds doubtfull in all my years working on VAG stuff I think I have changed one 1.8T head gasket due to failure on its own. Mostly thermostat, waterpump or cooling fan issues.

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
Thanks alot, feel better now, Checked my water again and its still on max so not lost any. Going to the derby meet tonight so a long journey hopfully this sorts it out.

Deleted member 20376

i notice mine smokes a bit but its only condensation, i read in threads in the past that the v-power seems to smoke more. i only do short journeys, tbh i havent checked my oil cap. the colour seems ok and that was serviced about 6-8000 miles ago. a little dark but ok. ill have to check my cap to look for gunk.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.