head lamps different colour HELP!!!!

scaredpassenger

Oct 3, 2007
Essex
hi guys

my mrs smashed up the front of the ibiza over two months ago, and to cut a long story much shorter, the reapirers have fitted a new headlamp to the drivwers side that is a different colour to the passenger side that survived the accident!

our orriginal passenger side is different as the inside of the lamp (as you look in to the lamp from outside the vehicle) has a sort of grey with silver speckles inside it, the new lamp on the drivers side just has a matt black finish.

it may not sound much but from outside the front of the vehicle now the drivers lamp looks so much darker than the passenger lamp!!!

the repairers are trying to tell us that there has never been two different headlamps for the model, but i really cant see how a headlamp would change colour over 6 years from black to grey with silver speckles?!!!!

anyone got any ideas for this???

cheers

tony

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Was it repaired through your insurance? If so, if the repairer is giving you problems tell your insurance company your not happy with the repairs. If not, maybe the repairer can order you a matching passenger side for a reduced fee.

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
theres not two different models for the cupra but the base models came with a silver(chrome) insert and the cupra's with the black, if theyve used an aftermarket headlamp and not genuin seat part they will be different, as far as im aware you can only get a correct headlight from seat thats where i got mine from,

Last edited:

scaredpassenger

Oct 3, 2007
Essex
yeah it was repaired by our insurer Churchi**s

they have been worse than useless! but then so has the repairer Doverco**t Fo*£ in Colchester!

they didnt blend any surrounding pannels and left the car in a worse state than when it went in to them!!

its been there for nearly 6 weeks for a bonnet, bumper and off side front wing!
the quality of the repair is terrible, but i work for ford warranty and will not be accepteing the vehicle back till its at the standard i expect! i also used to work for merceds benz main dealer body shop! so i know a crap repair when i see one! (i used to do loads lol)

im going to go there tommorow at lunch tio inspect the vehicle again and will get the part numbers off the two head lamps!

i would really appreciate if someone would get some part numbers off their headlamps for me?!!

cheers guys!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise