Headlight adjust motor problem

joesmad4it

Cupra TD-aight!
Mar 11, 2008
Wickford - Essex
I have noticed my headlight adjuster motor doesn't seem to work and the dipped beams are too low. Looked in the manual and can't find a fuse for it so assume it's something bigger. Any help on how to adjust it manually (I read some White Philip headed screws can do it?') or hoe I can fix motor would be greatly appreciated

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
On top of the headlight you will see that there is a white plastic screw. Screw this with either a phillips screwdriver or i used an allen key in the required direction to lift or dip the beam manually.

joesmad4it

Cupra TD-aight!
Mar 11, 2008
Wickford - Essex
On top of the headlight you will see that there is a white plastic screw. Screw this with either a phillips screwdriver or i used an allen key in the required direction to lift or dip the beam manually.

Oh right I'll try that thanks mate. Excuse me if this question is even more stupid but I noticed on the bulbs that part of the base was flat and the rest circular, how do I know I have installed them the right way round or does it make no difference?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hint, try to remember the orientation of the old bulb when you take it out. The new bulb will not fir in correctly if the orientation is wrong as "round" into "flat" will never work out - and the bulb will end up being misaligned = extreme dazzle to other road users, that is if you can refit the retainer clip.

joesmad4it

Cupra TD-aight!
Mar 11, 2008
Wickford - Essex
Hint, try to remember the orientation of the old bulb when you take it out. The new bulb will not fir in correctly if the orientation is wrong as "round" into "flat" will never work out - and the bulb will end up being misaligned = extreme dazzle to other road users, that is if you can refit the retainer clip.

Looking at the old one would have sorted this your right. Any one fancie taking one out and letting me know would be hugely appreciated! This maybe why they look as if they need adjusting!