Headlight Beam Pattern

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
I had fitted my HIDs last weekend but ive noticed when im driving there is more ligh on the passenger side than the drivers side, althogh there is light on the drivers side it looks to me either the light is too low or is it the beam pattern to stop blinding oncoming traffic? I done a silly drawing to kinda prove my point - (i know my drawings crap ;) LOL )

LightPatternHID.jpg

Last edited:
May 2, 2006
lol is it possible to fit a HID bulb upside down? thought the notch bit at the top would mean it only goes in 1 way?

no idea mate, i dont have them, i remember reading something on here not too long ago and the fault was the bulb was the wrong way round, iirc they failed their MOT because of it
whether or not it was HID i dont know, obviously not though if it only fits 1 way

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
Once i had fitted mine the beam pattern was well out! (miles high infact)
So i parked up a couple metres on level ground in front of a wall, and adjusted them by the headlight adjuster screw on top of each headlight.

They now look spot on and never had any trouble with them or been flashed.

Worth a try.

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
I fitted my hid kit this weekend £44.67 delivered from ebay with a 18month warrenty on bulbs and ballast, deal, fitted them and the difference is awsome, they are the 6000k ones, i took it to work today and set it up on the headlight aligner, mine was out a fair bit however i know tht the standard ones were prefect so it must be the design of the bulb, just take it to a garage or mot tester and get them to do it, it literally takes 1 minute.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.