headlight bulb upgrade, help needed

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
Hey,so searched through most of the threads here but comming up short. i'm going to upgrade the oem bulbs to osram nightbreakers. ive got the full and dipped beam bulbs from the different threads here, H1 and H7, but cant find the part code for the side lights, i take it ill need to change these too or it'll look a bit naf, anyone know of the top of their head what i need?thanks

Seat Adam

Dirty Densel Driver
Is it not in the owners manual. I guess they would be 501's. If so, buy your lights from regal auto bulbs website or powerbulbs, I'm sure they give away blue 501's which shine white. They burn at 3400K, almost HID spec, and are really good and look much better. I have fitted some in my Mk1 Leon and they look and perform great!

Yeah 501's most common name, or T10, W5W, 194 same thing different name.

If you're buying LEDs for the sidelights you will need resistors fitted, if you don't they won't operate and you get a warning light on your dash. There are also bulbs about that don't need resistors. type in canbus 501 into ebay... should throw up some results.

Or just use standard filament type bulbs with a blue tint. Might find they look a bit yellow when compared to the uprgarded H7s and H1s.

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
Hey, thanks everyone. got the full and dipped beam nightbreakers, and the cool blue side lights too from osram. 37.40 bought and fitted. asked the guy how easy they were to fit, told him i was useless at that sort of thing, he said yeah they couldnt be easier so i asked if he'd fit them real quick for free. took him about 20-25 minutes in the end. real fiddly

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise