Headlight issue, help please!

Cupra con

Littleredrocketpd150
Feb 16, 2020
High Wycombe
Hi! I have a mk1 leon pd150, my drivers dipped hedlight went so iv replaced the h7 and h1 bulbs,

I still have the faulty drivers dipped but now when I go to full beams it cuts out the right headlight completely, iv checked the fuses, I’ll get a multi meter in it tomorrow, just wondering if anyones seen this before
Thanks!

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Could be a bad ground mate, that can make lights do all sorts of weird stuff. Check for corrosion at the connector

Cupra con

Littleredrocketpd150
Feb 16, 2020
High Wycombe
Could be a bad ground mate, that can make lights do all sorts of weird stuff. Check for corrosion at the connector
Hi mate, I’m have a look at the grounds, the ones under the battery would go are all good, it’s just strange, is there a way to test the headlight switch
Thanks for you help mate

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hi mate, I’m have a look at the grounds, the ones under the battery would go are all good, it’s just strange, is there a way to test the headlight switch
Thanks for you help mate
I'm pretty sure it would switch both sides as one, so the fact that the passenger one works would probably mean it's more likely a wiring issue between the switch and the bulb, than the switch itself. I will see if i can dig out a wiring diagram for the switch tomorrow though

Cupra con

Littleredrocketpd150
Feb 16, 2020
High Wycombe
I'm pretty sure it would switch both sides as one, so the fact that the passenger one works would probably mean it's more likely a wiring issue between the switch and the bulb, than the switch itself. I will see if i can dig out a wiring diagram for the switch tomorrow though
Thank you very much mate!
don’t suppose you know if they share a common ground?
Don’t really fancy stripping the wipers and that panel to check 🤣

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Thank you very much mate!
don’t suppose you know if they share a common ground?
Don’t really fancy stripping the wipers and that panel to check 🤣
Sorry for the late reply mate, been busy. I looked for the wiring diagrams but couldn't find the ones for the leon. The website i used to use is no longer online. Because the headlights are plastic, they have earth wires actually in the connectors. If you havent already done so, then if you unplug the connector from the back of the light, 2 of the pins are grounds. More than likely they are corroded and the issue is there.

Here is the website in case you want to keep checking, it was online a couple of weeks back.

Reactions: Cupra con

Cupra con

Littleredrocketpd150
Feb 16, 2020
High Wycombe
Sorry for the late reply mate, been busy. I looked for the wiring diagrams but couldn't find the ones for the leon. The website i used to use is no longer online. Because the headlights are plastic, they have earth wires actually in the connectors. If you havent already done so, then if you unplug the connector from the back of the light, 2 of the pins are grounds. More than likely they are corroded and the issue is there.

Here is the website in case you want to keep checking, it was online a couple of weeks back.
Thanks for your help!
Found the issue!!
The ground pin was bent to the side 🤦🏽‍♂️
Check your connections people!

Reactions: mty12345
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.