Headlights condesation/dust

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
thats stupid im sure a dealer can see wether somthing is faulty, iv got loads of warrenty work needed, both headlights full of water, seal on back window leaking, the heater blows cold just above full hot setting and also its got a lumpy idle . ggggrrrrrrr going to take forever to authorise that lot lol

Sorry pal, but its not rubbish.

They need authorisation for certain items as the dealer needs to make sure that they are paid for their labour hours from Seat.

I'm sure one of the dealers on here will confirm this:)

leon_lib

seat leon FTW
Dec 22, 2008
burnley
Sorry pal, but its not rubbish.

They need authorisation for certain items as the dealer needs to make sure that they are paid for their labour hours from Seat.

I'm sure one of the dealers on here will confirm this:)

oh i didn't know that, well seat better folk out for my car or i wont be happy

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
oh i didn't know that, well seat better folk out for my car or i wont be happy

The problem with the headlight one is that Seat say there are no faults as they have no problems with the cars over there......... YES, in spain, a warm climate.

Thats why pics and a report has to be sent to Seat so that they can see the state they are.

leon_lib

seat leon FTW
Dec 22, 2008
burnley
The problem with the headlight one is that Seat say there are no faults as they have no problems with the cars over there......... YES, in spain, a warm climate.

Thats why pics and a report has to be sent to Seat so that they can see the state they are.

o cool, ill just see what they say when i go over but i want them sorting because you pay all this money for a car and then the headlights turn to fishbowls lol, i need them to take a look at a number of things :p

That is weird..I was speaking to another member of the forum about this tonight. He put some silca gel bags inside his cabin and has said that the windows on his car have not misted up since (I might give that a go) but not heard of putting it in the headlight though. Will remember this if this happens to me.
Alex

mine misted up a while back, first of all, I took off the two covers on each headlight an left the normal outside air to dry out the headlights. once this had been done, I placed a silica gel bag (25g bag I think) into each headlight. my headlights never misted up again. every month or so I take out the bags and place them on a radiator to dry out again.

works a treat!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members