Headlights

AdamC11

Jan 24, 2015
Bolton
Hi,

I have a MK3 with tech pack (LED Headlights)

I have noticed that if I leave my headlights on and take the key out of the ignition and open the door, there is no chime or noise to let me know that I have left my lights on.

In my last car, I got a warning noise.

Can somebody please explain as I'm a little confused.

Cheers

Ads

philipj999

Nov 21, 2014
Aylesbury, Bucks, UK
Do you have them on auto or is the switch in the 'on' position?
Even in the 'on' position they still turn themselves off when the ignition is off (after the short 'coming home' period) so no need for a chime.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
2nd that, they should turn off regardless of setting. Interior lights should do the same after a time. Clever things these days :)

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
If the same as on the MK2.

If you get out with the sidelights on you will get the audible warning to remind you to turn them off.

If they are on dipped or in the auto position there is no warning but will turn off after `x` seconds (set in MFD).

If you have left them in auto, and the night is low when you unlock the car remotely they will come on again.

If they are left on dipped they will come on again when you start the car.

Last edited:

AdamC11

Jan 24, 2015
Bolton
Thanks for the replies.

So if leave the headlights on and switch the engine off, will this flatten the battery or not?

Cheers

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Thanks for the replies.

So if leave the headlights on and switch the engine off, will this flatten the battery or not?

Cheers

Nope won't flatten your battery, and if you don't mind your lights on during the day, you can leave the switch in the on positive and forget about it, bit like having auto lights but not :D

AdamC11

Jan 24, 2015
Bolton
Thanks for the reply dw911.

The reason I ask is, I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.