Headlights

sjc59

Jul 30, 2006
Hi guys i've seen some different headlights fitted to some peopls ibizas now i've been looking round and cant find any, i've heard that the polo ones fit but wanted to make certian, do they fit and is it a straight swap or is there more to it?

sjc59

Jul 30, 2006
Can anyone clarify if polo lights will fit then or if they will with work?

Red Ibiza VR6

Dec 24, 2005
Sydney, Australia
The bonnet is the same on the mk2 ibiza and the polo.

It`ll just come down to whether the edges of the wings are the same shape and the front pannel screwholes. If necessary you could just keep swopping ibiza bits for polo till you get the look you are after.

sjc59

Jul 30, 2006
Coll cheers guys might have to be cheeky and go to the local scrappy take a polo headlight out and try and fit it to an ibiza. I'm sure there was a copper ibiza with black angel eyes which i think would look great on the misses new black gti 16v

sjc59

Jul 30, 2006
Ok so if they dont fit where have other people got aftermarket headlights from? As i've seen a few fitted but i cant seem to find them?

monkee

Yes im naked in my avatar
I believe you can get customised aftermarket headlights from a German website, but i lost the link. The guy is well known on ebay however, so it may be worthwhile you having a butchers on there

sjc59

Jul 30, 2006
Cool cool cheers for the info guys very surprised that there isnt any uk spec aftermarket headlights thou.
Personally dont like the morrette lights that leave a standard indicator.
If there german ones then are they really crap at lighting the road as the beam pattern must be wrong? Is there anyway to correct it apart from them stick on things from halfruads?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
looking at them as a clear glass the beam is set into the reflector

possibly over adjusting them may get em close ?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members