Headunit wiring

enigma

Feb 9, 2007
looking to wire my boost gauge up tomorrow am i right in thinking the remote on cable going from my headunit to my amp is basically a switched live wire and if i splice my red wire from the guage into this it will provide power to the gauge when the ignition is on?

enigma

Feb 9, 2007
so basically the blue remote on cable from the head unit completes a circuit to allow the amp to take its power from the live feed from the battery?

have been looking at the lighting wiring diagrams but can figure out which wire is linked into turning the dash illumination on.

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
Its basically a switch thats controlled by electric yeah. When it gets power the switch turns on and the amp draws power from the battery. But like I said check it with a multimeter anyway might be fine!

Which car have you got? When I wired mine in i took a feed from the back of the light switch

enigma

Feb 9, 2007
its a polo 9n so basically vws version of the ibiza , im looking at the diagram for the headlights and fog lights as surely the illumination is linked into there as the light up blue when you switch the sidelights on

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.