Heater/Aircon Issues

Nov 12, 2019
Hi, new member here.

Had a search for a similar issue and found many heater issues but nothing like I am experiencing on my 2013 Leon 1.6tdi.
From this forum, I am thinking about buying a diagnostics tool (carista etc.) to see if I can work out the issue. Is this possible?

My Problem:
Blowers\Heaters seemed to be working at 80-90% power (compared to when new) for many months.
Didn't think an issue. Had my aircon re-gassed as the cold A/C dropped considerably.

Then after a month or so, could not have heater or A/C on over setting "2" without making a noise switching off
Then stopped working altogether
Now, intermittently on/off (mainly off) and around 20% power and neither hot/cold

If anyone can provide any pointers it would be much appreciated. Read about heater matrix, pressure switch but my above symptoms didn't seem to fit.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Hi, new member here.

Had a search for a similar issue and found many heater issues but nothing like I am experiencing on my 2013 Leon 1.6tdi.
From this forum, I am thinking about buying a diagnostics tool (carista etc.) to see if I can work out the issue. Is this possible?

My Problem:
Blowers\Heaters seemed to be working at 80-90% power (compared to when new) for many months.
Didn't think an issue. Had my aircon re-gassed as the cold A/C dropped considerably.

Then after a month or so, could not have heater or A/C on over setting "2" without making a noise switching off
Then stopped working altogether
Now, intermittently on/off (mainly off) and around 20% power and neither hot/cold

If anyone can provide any pointers it would be much appreciated. Read about heater matrix, pressure switch but my above symptoms didn't seem to fit.

So if you had the blower speed above 2 it would make a noise? Presume you mean the blower fan would be noisy? What sort of noise?
I would be checking the blower fan first. Easy enough to undo a few torx screws and drop the blower motor to inspect - and check the blades turn freely.

Reactions: mk3leontdi

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Blower fan would be my first check due to noise, bearing dying? usually when the rheostat fails it defaults to full speed only.

Reactions: mk3leontdi
Nov 12, 2019
Thanks, will check blower motor / resistor as a start.

If that doesn't fix it, the threads on here seem to suggest the air con pressure switch as the next check.

At the moment no speed at all, heater/ac seems completely dead.

Nov 12, 2019
I can confirm that it was the blower motor. All fixed and working.

Got a new blower motor with resistor for £70. And a 20min job at the garage.

Thanks for the help 👍

Reactions: SuperV8
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.