HELP - electric windows dropping

H & H 2.3

Jun 20, 2004
Newcastle
Hi, i'm posting this in this section hopefully to get quicker response as there's probably more Leon owners on here anyway after a couple of years of selling my V5 Tolly i've bought another one which i'm very pleased with. My only problem is that when i woke up this morning, all the windows had dropped down and open automatically??? The car was still locked and fortunately nothing had happened to it and it hadn't rained.
Then today when i pulled onto my drive, got out and locked the car, i heard the central locking flick open and the windows all dropped again.
Has anyone any ideas as to what has caused it to do this otherwise i'll be up all night sleeping in the car?
Thanks

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
The drivers side lock has the function to open windows if key inserted, turned and held. Has water got into door or has key lock got stuck, try putting key into lock and working lock unlock few times?

H & H 2.3

Jun 20, 2004
Newcastle
Cheers.

I've just tried the drivers lock and all it does is open and lock the drivers door - it doesn't operate the central locking at all or drop the windows.
Tried the passenger lock and held it as you say and it opened the windows and unlocked all the doors. When i went to lock it it only locked the passenger door.
I'm not sure about it's history with water as i've only just bought the car.

Don't know if this has any bearing on the locks situation but the drivers side rear door window has come off it's runner so doesn't always drop down.

Might it just be a connection or do you think the locks are in need of replacing?

LeeC

Hey mate i have the same problem, not had my car long either. I find myself removing the fuse when i park it up. When it happened on mine over night the windows where down 2'' or so but car locked. It also happened when i opened the drivers door then took key out of ignition the doors would lock and unlock then put all windows down.
Never found a solution i just pull the fuse when its parked up and put it back in for long journeys.:cry:.
I have searched the forum and it has happened in the past but no one said a actual cause just guesses at comfort control units.