Help guys gti skirts

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
i have a set of gti skirts the black plastic ones to go on my car, one problem tho i dont know how they fit on, i got the part number for the clips from the stealers to hold them on from a previous post. does any one have any photos of how you fitted yours, some guidance please??

Boi Ninja

16 valves of sweet shhhhh
Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
i think you have to drill them in if its not gti spec mate, i havnt had experience its just from what ive read on here. i think Hays had done that before (if im not mistaken) and surculation?

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
I can fit them on in a different way but would have been nice to use the clips as i have bought them already. Jamin Berry shall try and find the piece of paper there written on. i got the part numbers from a previous post do a search, think it may have been fl@pper??

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
cheers for that thats what i shall do. i was going to pop riviet plates on to the underside of the car slide the skirts betwwen then poprivet to that. dont get what the round part is. guessn the flat bit slides in to the skirts

Hayz

Cheeky
Apr 5, 2006
Portsmouth
www.drive4fun.co.uk
Mines are clipped on with those slidey clip things that sits under the skirt.. and glued on too - thats what the previous owner done.

Works a treat :) never coming off without a fight though.

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Rite Guys getn rid of the clips. goin to screw the skirts on to underside of the sill with the screw clamp things, screw them to inside of the wing, glew them on for a perfect fit, cars been booked in for a respray both doors and back quarters. :)

MarkW

Chris
Apr 4, 2007
Edingburgh
is it easy to remove them once on? Even though I got a black car I want mine colour coded as they are noticeably grey when the treatment stuff wears off...

Oh, its a standard GTi so however they pop on/off will be standard!

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
I cant seee why not if ity came standard like that, get under your car and have a look, maybe sum rusted screws but shouldnt be to bad.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.