Help - Leon Turned Itself Into A 3 Door!!

IanH

Oct 27, 2004
Afternoon all - As the title says, my car has decided that it doesn't want to let anyone in through the back doors - the front doors are fine and so is the boot. I've had a good search through a lot of the other threads similar to this one, and have tried the remedies (New fuses, disconnect battery etc...), but still it won't open the back doors!

Had a trip to the stealers this afternoon for some advice and was greeted with 'Well, it is a Leon', which was quickly followed up with 'I can't do anything for you now, it will have to be booked in and there will be a minimum £63 charge'!! Took a lot of stick from a few mates for going down the Seat route instead of staying with what they would call more 'mainstream' manufacturers, but up until recently have rightly stood by my decision. However, it's attitudes like this that make you question your decisions sometimes!! :censored: (Also have leaky door seals, but that's a different story).

So, my question is, does anyone know of a 'manual' way of gaining entry via the back doors or am I going to have to line the stealers pockets with more gold?!

Thanks for listening fellas (& ladies)!

Steve

Cross member
May 10, 2001
Bournemouth, Dorset
www.8valves.co.uk
Can you open the back doors with the inside handles? It's probably the door lock solenoid things inside the doors. One of mine has been playing up but I haven't got round to do anything about it as it works sometimes.

IanH

Oct 27, 2004
Steve - Pulling the interior door handles makes the knob raise to the 'open' position, but as soon as you release the handle, the knob retracts again. Have tried holding the knob in the 'open' position, but nothing happens. (Car identical to yours btw!)

Steve

Cross member
May 10, 2001
Bournemouth, Dorset
www.8valves.co.uk
Yeah one of my doors was doing that for a while and there seemed to be no way of opening it. Although now it has decided to periodically work again. I think it is the solenoid lock things inside the door that are at fault, but unfortunately they look like a bit of a pain to change. I have however already discovered that you can take the interior trim off the rear doors while they are closed, so it should be possible to change this bit even if the door is stuck shut.

IanH

Oct 27, 2004
Thanks for the advice Steve - will give it a go (Bit of light at the end of the tunnel!!).

IanH

Oct 27, 2004
Still no joy yet - Took advantage of 1/2 decent weather and gave it a polish instead (Don't get all that much sun in Stoke!). Had a chat with a mate on Saturday about pulling the door cards off to see what we find using steve's link - will let you know as soon as it's done.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise