Help me choose a leon?

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
Hi guys...most of u seem to know your stuff about the leons,and i dont at the mo...lol so basically im looking for advice on what to get?

a 1.6 or 1.8 petrol?

or a derv?

my only problem with the dervs is the sound....does anyone on here drive a diesel leon that isnt an fr or cupra etc?just a normal diesel engine,that could perhaps lets me know what the diesels are like for speed and how they sound?
helps appreciated guys...dont want to make a mistake with this car...:) cheers:bleh:

I have a 110 TDi SE... Love it...

Sounds great when you boot it in second to the red line.

Speed isn't bad, no need for downshifts to over take... just let the torque to the talking!

50+ MPG... Good speed when I need it.

Doesn't sound THAT bad...Don't let other peoples views cloud your judgment... a derv isn't a bad switch.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
why not go to a car garage and test drive a few

what do you want out of a car , looks performance , sound , mpg

this is where you need to decide your prioroties Plus a big factor is how much budget you have

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
I have a 110 TDi SE... Love it...

Sounds great when you boot it in second to the red line.

Speed isn't bad, no need for downshifts to over take... just let the torque to the talking!

50+ MPG... Good speed when I need it.

Doesn't sound THAT bad...Don't let other peoples views cloud your judgment... a derv isn't a bad switch.

perfect answer mate:) just needed a derv owners opinion:)whats the 110tdi?the 1.9?

why not go to a car garage and test drive a few

what do you want out of a car , looks performance , sound , mpg

this is where you need to decide your prioroties Plus a big factor is how much budget you have

tbh mate im wanting a car thats good on mpg(as i heard today petrol will go up to 115p a litre before end of year)...a car thats relatively fast and that can shift...just something to blow away the crappy wee saxo and pug ******s lol....and looks well tbh the reason i chose the leon was for the looks mate?.....looks amazing with simple changed like lowering and tints....what do you think of everything ive just said?:shrug:

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
either have a look around local garages and go for some drives, or check out the meets section and have a look around, ask questions etc.

I have a 110 and think its really good, esp when you consider its 'old' tech, decent insurance group etc. Remaps are easily available and will put the power up a fair whack too.

All the dervs are 1.9tdi mate, and they go from 90, 110, 130 and 150 bhp.

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
ah wel the parents thought my last car was too fast when it only had about 100bhp so i'll probably get the 110 mate....but depends on what i see and whats in the best condition too....realy thinking of gettin the diesel now tbh

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
how does ure derv sound JamesL?
its the only thing kind of holding me back from getting one right this min!

My 110 1.9TDi SE sounds great.

I love it on a tight road, opening the window, and listening to the whistle you get at about 1900-2000 rpm as the turbo starts spooling... then it fades to a nice roar as you hit 4k....

Love it...

I've got a panel filter atm, may get an open cone and decent air feed in the new year... maybe even considering a remap.

I just hit 106k today, and it still works as well as when I got it 10k ago... service time :-(

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
My 110 1.9TDi SE sounds great.

I love it on a tight road, opening the window, and listening to the whistle you get at about 1900-2000 rpm as the turbo starts spooling... then it fades to a nice roar as you hit 4k....

Love it...

I've got a panel filter atm, may get an open cone and decent air feed in the new year... maybe even considering a remap.

I just hit 106k today, and it still works as well as when I got it 10k ago... service time :-(

ok ive decided that im getting the tdi....think i'll just get the 110 or 130 tbh....the sound of the turbo sucking the world in appeals to me :lol::clap:

The 130 is a PD and makes servicing more expensive... I believe (I may now get abuse hearled at me for being wrong)

Both remap well, I think a CC or P-Torque remap take the 110 to 135-140 easily.

You won't regret the decision to go for either the 110 or 130. I test drove both, but got the 110 due to buying costs, couldn't save up any longer... buses suck too much!

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
The 130 is a PD and makes servicing more expensive... I believe (I may now get abuse hearled at me for being wrong)

Both remap well, I think a CC or P-Torque remap take the 110 to 135-140 easily.

You won't regret the decision to go for either the 110 or 130. I test drove both, but got the 110 due to buying costs, couldn't save up any longer... buses suck too much!

lol i know what u mean...im a bit of a bus ****** at the mo too as im saving up :lol:
but i might get the 110 then if u recommend it :) and if it all goes horribly wrong i'll hunt u down ahah

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
I'd offer to take you out for a spin in mine, but you are a good country away...

I am in Aberdeen next week, but minus the car...

no worries mate when i get mine and ive got her looking presentable i'll take a trip down to one of the england meets....dont think theres alot going on up here anyway....whats your 0-60 time?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.