Help me track my car please!

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Thought it had to be you. Not going to be many 65 plate alor blue fr's in this area

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Well pictures don't do that colour any justice looks sweet in person

hydrostatik

Sep 14, 2015
Hertfordshire
Yeah I had a really weird feeling it was going to be you for some reason when I pulled up by then thought nahhhh the world isn't that small. Turned out it is. Thanks man, I'm loving it and yours looked sweet too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Cheers i was split which way too come after work but gut said through hitchin lol
I love the Toledo for size and space just engine let's it down
Even the new ibiza gets the 1.4 ACT 150 lol

daniel575

Apr 2, 2014
When I got to Newcastle on the ferry from the Netherlands last year, watching from the top deck, I could see one of those car ships unloading loads of Leons onto the dock car park. All of them with protective stuff on and alarm lights flashing, tens of them. I think I made a video - I should upload and share it!

hydrostatik

Sep 14, 2015
Hertfordshire
When I got to Newcastle on the ferry from the Netherlands last year, watching from the top deck, I could see one of those car ships unloading loads of Leons onto the dock car park. All of them with protective stuff on and alarm lights flashing, tens of them. I think I made a video - I should upload and share it!

Do it. Be good to see them being 'born'. Ha.

daniel575

Apr 2, 2014
http://imgur.com/df4pV0d pic - video: https://youtu.be/70iW7kIDS5I

Mostly Ibizas though - but I think there were a few Leons with it as well, not sure, it was 13 months ago.

Don't mind my ugly voice and my sister - talking Dutch...

As I got mine in Newcastle it was quite interesting to see, mine must have come that way as well. Do all UK Seats come into the country via Tyne or only for the North?

Last edited:

hydrostatik

Sep 14, 2015
Hertfordshire
Wow you were pretty close then!!

I'm in north London and the dealer said they normally get their cars from sheerness which is closer. Also there's another landing point but can't remember what it's called.

hydrostatik

Sep 14, 2015
Hertfordshire
Cheers i was split which way too come after work but gut said through hitchin lol
I love the Toledo for size and space just engine let's it down
Even the new ibiza gets the 1.4 ACT 150 lol

I know man, I said before that they should add the 150 TDI. The 1.4 TSI would also be a good hit, I'd seriously consider buying one then.

I guess it doesn't fit into the whole VAG group design chain so e en if Seat wanted to put different engines in they couldn't. maybe I'm talking sh*t.

Thats an insight man, thanks for sharing. For some reason i thought they came in boxes (?) or something. Never really thought that people would have to drive them off lol. What a job that must be...

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
I know man, I said before that they should add the 150 TDI. The 1.4 TSI would also be a good hit, I'd seriously consider buying one then.

I guess it doesn't fit into the whole VAG group design chain so e en if Seat wanted to put different engines in they couldn't. maybe I'm talking sh*t.

Yeah the Tsi would be better. But least they have upped it from 105 to 110 ps lol.

Thats an insight man, thanks for sharing. For some reason i thought they came in boxes (?) or something. Never really thought that people would have to drive them off lol. What a job that must be...

Could you imagine is you caught on on video doing wheel spin and handbrake turn lol

Last edited:

djbxiii

Aug 20, 2015
Still think you're a jammy a-hole Hydrostatik haha. My ST is FINALLY arriving here Wednesday morning, can't bloody wait!

hydrostatik

Sep 14, 2015
Hertfordshire
Still think you're a jammy a-hole Hydrostatik haha. My ST is FINALLY arriving here Wednesday morning, can't bloody wait!

Hahaha! I was gonna ask you but as you hadn't replied in a while I didn't want to rub salt in.

Wednesday is good and at least you have a date!! Post pics when you get it tho!

djbxiii

Aug 20, 2015
Well it's finally arrived, took it for a wee spin and it's awesome! I'll get some pics up later or tomorrow as it's currently chucking it down outside. Got a nice drive down to Crick later today so will have the chance to give it a run on the motorway.

Only thing I've noticed so far was that the wing mirror wasn't dipping when in reverse. Checked the set-up and it's currently selected, is there anything further I need to do, or something I'm missing with this?

hydrostatik

Sep 14, 2015
Hertfordshire
Well it's finally arrived, took it for a wee spin and it's awesome! I'll get some pics up later or tomorrow as it's currently chucking it down outside. Got a nice drive down to Crick later today so will have the chance to give it a run on the motorway.

Only thing I've noticed so far was that the wing mirror wasn't dipping when in reverse. Checked the set-up and it's currently selected, is there anything further I need to do, or something I'm missing with this?

Wooooooooo!!

Yeah defo get some pics up soon.

You need to set the mirror into the 'L' position and it will dip when in reverse.

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
In addition to setting it to "L" there is an option in the MFD, mine came with it ticked already. Once all is setup, you can move the joystick to your desired position and it will return to that place every time you select reverse.

Glad your pleased with it, 4 months in I'm still grinning.

djbxiii

Aug 20, 2015
Thanks for that guys, works fine now! I'm guessing it was working originally but wasn't set much differently to the standard.

One thing that has happened is that the stop/start function has stopped completely. I can't say I'm too fussed about this really but just wondering as to why it has?

Suns out today so will try and get a few snaps!

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Thanks for that guys, works fine now! I'm guessing it was working originally but wasn't set much differently to the standard.

One thing that has happened is that the stop/start function has stopped completely. I can't say I'm too fussed about this really but just wondering as to why it has?

Suns out today so will try and get a few snaps!

There are a lot of factors that will stop the Start/Stop working

Couple are,
  • Vents set to Windscreen
  • Car not Reached the internal temp set on climate control
  • Start/Stop battery level low
  • Wheel turned more than 1/4 turn
  • On a hill with large gradient
  • Engine temp not enough

Plus more cannot remember off top of my head.

Look forward to seeing some pics of the car :)

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.