HELP PLEASE!!! - Speed Warning not going away

Sep 18, 2023
Hi Guys, got a 2015 Seat Leon 2.0TDI 150 FR Tech Pack and the speed warning does not cancel.

I have removed the winter tyres speed warning from the head unit and also cancelled the normal speed warning from the instrument cluster display.

I am hoping somebody can help me out here as it keeps on popping up after 120kph even though I have all units set to MPH etc (except for fuel consumption which is L/100km)

Here is a link to whats going on:

https://youtube.com/shorts/SSJyjCmZARI?feature=share

Thanks in advance!!!

Sep 18, 2023
Have you only tried setting it while on the move ?
Have tried resetting it before a journey with the vehicle on and in park - purchased the car like this so hoping it's a setting I am missing.

Going to try visiting the dealership this weekend to see for any solutions

Could it be something 'hardcoded' with VCDS etc?

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Have tried resetting it before a journey with the vehicle on and in park - purchased the car like this so hoping it's a setting I am missing.

Going to try visiting the dealership this weekend to see for any solutions

Could it be something 'hardcoded' with VCDS etc?
There are three speed warning availiable on the MK3, Winter Tyres, User Defined Speed and a fixed speed limit (which I think is 120km, I away from my coding list but will update later if nobody else tells you how to turn it off (have you had a look in Car Settings to see if there is a toggle to turn it off.

Reactions: SlimmJimm
Sep 18, 2023
There are three speed warning availiable on the MK3, Winter Tyres, User Defined Speed and a fixed speed limit (which I think is 120km, I away from my coding list but will update later if nobody else tells you how to turn it off (have you had a look in Car Settings to see if there is a toggle to turn it off.
Thanks!! yeah I've got the winter tyres limit off and the one on the instrument panel off (as per the video) - I guess its the user-defined speed limit that is still on.