hi folks hope you can help me out iv just bought a leon cupra 225,
my problem is i got smoked by a corsa vxr:cry:[:@]
i need more power what are my first mods,
and should i be running the car on super unleaded,:redface:
thanks for your time and views.

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
You should always run on Super Unleaded as a minimum. Most of the guys on here will point you either in the direction of Tesco 99 Ron Super or V Power as a preference, but don't ask which is better as that is a huge can of worms.

The fact is the Corsa has a lot of power in a car that weighs as much as a biscuit tin with some nuts and bolts in! The quoted 0-62 is similar to the leon. Above legal speeds you would have pulled him back though.

Just console your self in knowing that you are not in a Corsa. Should be enough!

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Sounds like you need to plant the right foot harder!
The car should be run on 98RON min, sure it says that on the inside of the cap!
I always go V-Power, never anythin else!

Cupraloon

Just console your self in knowing that you are not in a Corsa. Should be enough!

Jeremy Clarkson
When you first spend a bit of face time with the new Corsa VXR you can’t help thinking, “God Almighty. Can Vauxhall never get anything right?”

It appears to have crashed into an out-of-town motorist accessory superstore and emerged on the other side with every single part attached to every single bit of its bodywork. There are spoilers, extra lamps, fat wheels, Philishave, Just For Men bits of aluminium-look plastic here and there, and sills like an American footballer’s work garb.

This might have worked 10 years ago when every supermarket car park echoed on a Saturday night to the pulsating bass beat of the customising culture and Max Power was one of Britain’s bestselling magazines. But today Max Power’s circulation is in freefall – down from 240,000 in 2003 to just 71,000 last year.

From here---> http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article1808578.ece

Think that says it all .... really :yes:

Oh and welcome to the forum :wave:

madpeck

your right about not being a corsa driver ha ha.
was gutted when i seen it pulling from me but i was running on plain
unleaded ill go and fill up with super.

Cupraloon

Another small trick is turn your tcs off, as i've found my lc pulls harder in the lower gears with it off, if you can avoid it lighting up the front tyres first of course..

madpeck

just watched your you tube video,
did that derv golf do you like a kipper?

madpeck

got to go fill the beast now, thank you all for time and views
ill be back on soon,
99super from now on.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Remember progressive acceleration on a turbo'd car is better than just planting the foot
AND go find that Corsa and show him who's boss
Mo Fo

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.