HELP..... need new fuel pump adsvice needed asap

davegolfturbo

hi i am looking for a replacement fuel pump for my mk4 golf 1.8t i have a standard 3 bar fuel pump and it gave up on the rolling road for me and could not give enough pressure for the tuning. i have been told that i need to get one of the LCR pumps whicha pprently are 4 bar pumps, i ahve also got a 4 bar regulator.

i decided to ring a few places and the person at audi said that the pump i need was from a f/w/d tt 225 mk1 version the 1.8t. i then rang seat and they said its the same pump for the seat cupr r (BAM engine and AUQ) the part no is 8L0919051H, and was cheaper than audi! (£182.64 inc VAT and a 20% trade disc)

However after looking on ebay last night i came across this OE replacement for the CUPRA - R. the guy said the part no for the pump is ITP 331 and its either a walbro or wytech (which ever comes in the box) and matches the code 8E0906087C, which again is different to the code quoted from seat and audi for the 225 pump.

Here is the link to the pump i found

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FUEL-PUMP-SEA...s_SM?hash=item25555d63bc&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

can anyone give me any advice thanks dave.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
that picture looks like a walbro type pump... BUT if its like the walbro's I see it is not a fit replacement pump at all.. the picture shows a pickup filter external.. the stock pump uses the housing as an external swirl pot so does'nt suffer surge on low fuel levels and corners.

if it is genuine drop in for the vdo one then great, it should drop into the oe holder ... BUt... those other items in the picture make me think maybe not

davegolfturbo

ok thanks fot the reply. i ended up buying a vdo one from the Leon cupra R part no - 8L0919051H, which a few ppl on here have said is the correct one. going to have a go at fitting it this evening, thanks dave.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise