Help needed with my seat leon fr tdi after new camshaft theres a vcds log

rorz7370

Jun 9, 2014
Hi my names rory and I own a seat leon fr 1.9 tdi, I changed the camshaft which had wear on lobs 1 and 6 and 6s lifter had a tiny hole in it aswell. all went well with the change but I cleaned my egr valve in white spirit and over night the top fell in so no longer works, ive a new one but not fitted yet, now when I did the cam change I never adjusted the injector rocker screws as I thought it wouldn't matter with not changing the injectors could this be a problem? car runs fine except most of the time a little rough idle and earlier when I put my foot down in second gear at low revs it kind of cut out and revved as if it was on the limiter but revs wasn't that high, I sometimes notice hesitation when putting foot down at low revs but other than that the car pulls well, I broke cam in with carlube triple r 5w 40 then after 100 miles changed it to Castrol edge turbo diesel 5w 40 fst 505.01 spec, when I changed it my magnetic sump plug had bits of metal on it about as much as the lifter hole. the cambelt was changed the locking tools at first was abit tight but cos I used the advanced method when I timed everything back up both locking tools cam and crankshaft slotted in nicely and after turning 2 times by hand they also slotted in perfect, my cam 3 screws are in the middle. ive checked smooth running and all is in spect -2.8 to +2.8 and all running 0. something ever side - or + ive got a log file off group 08 10 11 vcds if you could look see if you can see anything ive spent loads on my car it should be standard engine wise no re map as I know of thanks for taking time to read could someone tell me how to upload a pdf file with logs on thanks again

Bouncerbeater

Old enough to know better
Mar 15, 2013
Gloucestershire
I don't think you can upload pics or links until you have 15 posts
Probably to stop spam bots or similar.
Can't help with the problem as I know little about diesels but I expect someone who does will have an idea.

rorz7370

Jun 9, 2014
Thanks mate, a best see if I can help with anything on here to get my posts up I suspect injector lash as I never adjusted for new cam thinking same injectors shouldnt matter and the egr being broken is just like its been blanked so shouldnt be that

rorz7370

Jun 9, 2014
Cleaned second hand egr and installed today while I was at it did the injector lash with a 180 degree back turn my elsa win states 225 degrees but everyone says thats wrong go 180 car seams happier and is better at setting off jus hope it all stays well so then a can do the uprated clutch and re map id be happy with 190bhp dont want it to much i'd be happy with that thanks again to this forum id like to do another log and for someone to see if its looking alright but ill be waiting see if someone replys

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members