Help, not my day today......gearbox, diff ?????

JJ_arosa

as most of you know i bought cupra_matts old 366bhp cupra, and what a nice car it is :)

however i had a oil leak from the top of the gearbox today ???

wondering maybe if its the diff bolts that have snapped and come through the box ? no visual damage to the outside of the box so im not sure??

or could it be a simple case of were the box splits, it mite have popped the seal were the box splits ?

car goes into all gears fine, no grinding and the box is not making a werring noise. i saw the oil leak and more or less stopped so it did not run dry.

the diff had better bolts fitted 4 months ago at star performance and the box had only just been rebuilt 6 months ago

all help will be great guys thanks.

want it done asap :( aint been out in it yet tidy

dai cupra

awww never j im no help mate but i hope u get it out up and running for cupra meet lol havnt seen pics yet been waiting to see lol

JJ_arosa

its not like a tap but its far from a little leak you'd just think "itl be orite il top it up" lol

looks like its come out with abit of force behind it as it was over my intake pipe, and battery

JJ_arosa

wrekon i put oil back in gear box and run it to see if i can see were its comming from? or will that naker my box ?, clutch did not seem to slip eitha whislt limping back home

jivejester

Nov 29, 2007
check the speed sender is tight

where on the top is the leak, towards the shift tower or the rear?

JJ_arosa

nt 100% but i think its around the shifter area im goin to wash it down in a min and top oil back up and let it run see if i can see were it cumming from